Page 24 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

I want to try a P30 out but I'm still undecided between LEM and TDA. TDA makes more sense as I'm used to shooting classic series Sig. I also don't trust myself enough to say I'm only going to shoot LEM for the next several months. A small dealer back home has a new 9mm P30 V3 S for $800. Would it be possible to delete the safety later if someone wanted to? Should I keep looking and get a standard V3 instead?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I want to try a P30 out but I'm still undecided between LEM and TDA. TDA makes more sense as I'm used to shooting classic series Sig.
    These various HK/hammer fired threads have made me wonder, do we have an HK trigger pull weight thread or post laying around somewhere that compares the various trigger pulls of USP, P2000, P30 with DA/SA and LEM versions?

I want to try a P30 out but I'm still undecided between LEM and TDA. TDA makes more sense as I'm used to shooting classic series Sig. I also don't trust myself enough to say I'm only going to shoot LEM for the next several months. A small dealer back home has a new 9mm P30 V3 S for $800. Would it be possible to delete the safety later if someone wanted to? Should I keep looking and get a standard V3 instead?
    It is not feasible to take the safety model and convert it to standard V3. There is a detent under the safety so removing the safety would leave it exposed. I guess it’s possible if you want the exposed detent hole but if you don’t want a safety go regular V3.

I’d keep looking. I *think* you can remove the safety but you’ll have a hole in the frame? I could be wrong. Not a HK expert. Definitely get a TDA V3 though.

My P30 TDA trigger setup is:
    12# “Enhanced” hammer spring from HK Parts
    “Enhanced” light firing pin block spring
    Nickel plated sear spring m

Yields a very shootable DA around 8.5#. SA is around 4-4.5#. Reset is longer than a P series/Beretta but it’s not really noticeable unless you pin the trigger during shooting and try to ride the reset (which you shouldn’t be doing anyways).
    Shoot more, post less...

I will keep looking then. Thank you for the information.

I need to find a p30 locally to rent, I keep finding that the vp9 fits me really well.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I recently picked up a P30sk V1, it’s my first HK and LEM pistol. I’m a long time TDA Beretta guy but wanted something smaller to carry from time to time.

I honestly don’t see the big issue with the LEM.....sure my splits were around .19-.21 on Bill Drills, when i shot Glocks I could run .16’s and my Beretta’s are close....could be it’s a sub compact or maybe the LEM, it does have a long reset. But I find it far more shootable than my G26 or G43. It works for me in its intended role.

I paid $545 for the SK with factory night sights. For the price point and features, I don’t think anything else competes with it in the sub compact role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I need to find a p30 locally to rent, I keep finding that the vp9 fits me really well.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I owned two VP9's at one point. I have very few rounds through a P30 but to me it just feels more solid. Not sure how else to quantify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Don't know if this is allowed (I assume it will be deleted and I will be chastised if that's the case) and I have no affiliation with the seller, but this popped up on the local ArmsList listings today.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/700744...-and-extra-mag
    You’re the devil!!!! LOL!

I’m calling this store tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. :-)
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

My new P30 9mm came in today.
    It's been so long since I had a P30 I forgot how compact it actually is.
    For some reason I thought is was a lot closer to the P30L in size (which I have in 40).
    I also realized I had ordered it in V1 LEM... oops.
    No problemo... 5 minutes with my handy TRS pliers and a new V2 TRS is now installed.
    I'm off to the range tomorrow with a 1/2 case of 124gr. S&B ammo, a couple hundred assorted JHP's and a whole stack of preloaded magazines to see if it's as much fun to shoot as I remember it being.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List