Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The recipe that has been working very well for me is this:
    Enhanced Match Flat Sear Spring - Nickel Plated
    11-lb hammer spring
    Enhanced Firing Pin Block Spring

(I think GJM pointed this out to me as having learned it from BCL?)

I've got that setup in 2 P30L and it's a great feeling trigger in both. It's fairly inexpensive to get squared away with this setup. No one is going to mistake it for a Langdonized Beretta 92 but much lighter and smoother than factory and very shootable. Every now and again I'm tempted to NP3 the guts and see where that gets me. My P30SK has the FPBS and Sear but I haven't gotten the urge to try to cut a lighter hammer spring down to run in it. Without that it's still smoother but doesn't lighten up nearly as much. The hammer spring is the single biggest factor in weight, the other two have more to do with the "feel".

For a dedicated game gun, I might even try taking the hammer spring down 1 more notch to the 10-lb and see if that'd help more. I haven't tried any trigger return spring mods nor have I tried the Gray Guns short reset part (reset doesn't matter that much to me) but that part is between you and the flat sear spring so if you're going for it, do them together
    Man if you hadn’t included the frigging links I might have been able to talk myself out of it, but hell $30 isn’t bad. This thread is full of enablers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the P30

I realize this is not a reality. But I sure would love a p30/Vp9 with a g19 sized grip. Probably take 13 rounds. The Vp9 would be slick with a little shorter barrel and that length grip. Would make each gun a lot easier to hide that way. I would be just fine with 13rnd HK reliable mags. You could just use a small sleeve to use the 15rnd mags as well.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 12-16-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I realize this is not a reality. But I sure would love a p30/Vp9 with a g19 sized grip. Probably take 13 rounds. The Vp9 would be slick with a little shorter barrel and that length grip. Would make each gun a lot easier to hide that way. I would be just fine with 13rnd HK reliable mags. You could just use a small sleeve to use the 15rnd mags as well.

The P2000 mags are 13rd if I recall. A grip chop on a VP9 is doable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Also, P30SK with pinky mags or 13 rd mags (P2000) with sleeves makes a nice little package.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    The P2000 mags are 13rd if I recall. A grip chop on a VP9 is doable.

I did not realize that the p2000 mags would work, I would be very happy with a p30/G19 grip. The p30sk is not that favorable to me. I really could not get along with the grip. But that is good to know.

I want to say that the geometry of the hammer spring attachment points makes a P30 conversion complicated but there's at least one VP9 thats been chopp3r for the P2000 mags.

I'm with you on a P2000 frame dimensions on a P30 or VP9 would be nice but it's HK.

And they hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    I want to say that the geometry of the hammer spring attachment points makes a P30 conversion complicated but there's at least one VP9 thats been chopp3r for the P2000 mags.

I'm with you on a P2000 frame dimensions on a P30 or VP9 would be nice but it's HK.

And they hate us.

Yeah I do not picture the grip chopped p30 either. But a guy can dream right

I'm not finding a P30L or VP to be difficult at all to carry concealed. I certainly understand the siren song of platform miniaturization, just not sure how absolutely necessary realistically they are. Now if we're talking a HK45/USP45/Expert, etc with factory magazines/baseplates, that's an animal of a different magnitude. But the P30/VPs just aren't all that huge, IMHO.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm not finding a P30L or VP to be difficult at all to carry concealed. I certainly understand the siren song of platform miniaturization, just not sure how absolutely necessary realistically they are. Now if we're talking a HK45/USP45/Expert, etc with factory magazines/baseplates, that's an animal of a different magnitude. But the P30/VPs just aren't all that huge, IMHO.

Best, Jon
    The vp9 is a big ass gun. The p30 ain’t much smaller. I have owned both and depending on attire and time of the year they are a lot harder to conceal than a G19 sized pistol.

To me a g19 is the standard for a carry gun. Hence the 2.0c/p10c/509/p07/px4cc etc. all copying it. You get just enough grip, barrel length and capacity. Yet still have a very capable pistol. I am in no way discounting anything about the HKs. They are simply large guns for ccw pistols. Yes, you can get away with it under certain circumstances. But same can be said about a lot of large handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Best, Jon
    I agree, in spite of size I find the P30 platform super easy to conceal, especially AIWB. No doubt due to the contour/curves of the slides. But I would imagine a G19 sized version would be even easier. I do have the factory 13 round mags for my girlfriend's P30Ssk which makes it about 19 sized, but haven't tried carrying that to test it.

User Tag List