Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

The P30 LEM (and I would presume the P2000 LEM as well) cannot be converted to DA/SA since the factory LEM models lack the cutout in the rear of the frame for the decocker lever. The USPs had a truly universal frame and could thus be swapped to whichever variant you wanted.

That said, if you start with a V3 DA/SA P30, you can convert it to LEM and either just live with the gap in your frame or keep the decocker in there to create a "V0" LEM configuration.

edit: Dan beat me to it
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 09-14-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I’d recommend James Williamson for HK Service without hesitation.

http://www.teufelshundtactical.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 James is the man when it comes to HK.

After reading this thread, I'm interested in picking up another P30 when I get home (used to have a V1 long ago).

Is there any issues with the P30L's when it comes to cycling? I haven't kept track on P30's, but I remember reading somewhere on HKPro that there was something about the long slide models being more prone to cycling problems for one reason or another.

I know HK's rarely have problems, but P30's let alone P30L's, aren't really spoken about much these days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    After reading this thread, I'm interested in picking up another P30 when I get home (used to have a V1 long ago).

Is there any issues with the P30L's when it comes to cycling? I haven't kept track on P30's, but I remember reading somewhere on HKPro that there was something about the long slide models being more prone to cycling problems for one reason or another.

I know HK's rarely have problems, but P30's let alone P30L's, aren't really spoken about much these days.

Thanks
    My P30LS cycles fine with an ACRO and ZEV PRO Comp V2 with Speer Lawman 147 gr and Federal American Eagle 147 gr; I would find it very hard to believe that a stock slide with no comp would have issues with normal factory ammo.

Thanks
    The VP9, P30, and P30L perform better after a break-in of 500 rounds or so. Reliability before then can require NATO spec ammo (or +P). This has been my experience with all the 9mm P30 variants I own. My guess is to get the 25,000 round recoil spring life, the spring starts out as borderline too strong. Once all the surfaces wear in and the spring weakens from use, 115 gr target loads generally work fine. The 40 cal version seems to be immune from this, however I only have a sample of 1.

I've had zero issues with my P30L LEM in .40, using both 165 gr and 180 gr, and using both aluminum and brass cartridges. My current practice and match (IDPA) preference is Sellier & Bellot 180 gr; carry is Speer Gold Dot 180 gr/Federal HST 180 gr/Remington Golden Saber 180 gr. Absolutely zero problems whatsoever with any of them. Best, Jon

Thanks
    Weak ammo didn’t cycle 100% in mine until a few hundred round break in. After that, everything was good to go. It likes stout rounds, and it seems well suited for +P for serious work.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I've had zero issues with my P30L LEM in .40, using both 165 gr and 180 gr, and using both aluminum and brass cartridges. My current practice and match (IDPA) preference is Sellier & Bellot 180 gr; carry is Speer Gold Dot 180 gr/Federal HST 180 gr/Remington Golden Saber 180 gr. Absolutely zero problems whatsoever with any of them. Best, Jon
    My .40 caliber P30L and P30LS guns shoot very well with the S&B 180 FMJ. Virtually all of my .40 guns love Federal 165 HST or Tactical Bonded, as in 1.5" or less at 20 yards.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

My P30L (V3) has run well with a diet of 115gr since I got it, no hiccups. IIRC it's been mostly Aguila, Fiocchi, and maybe some American Eagle in there.

I've got a P30SK (V3) too and it's run fine with the same ammo so far with no bobbles (Really only about a hundred rounds through it so far).
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Both my P30ls and VP9s have both run fine with 115gr from new. But, the cycling was definitely weak for the first couple hundred reds. I would recommend you use 124gr to start.

User Tag List