Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for SouthNarc re: J Frames & ECQC

I have been itching to get to an ECQC class for years. I obviously need one of these before I attend.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011...in-protection/

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I have been itching to get to an ECQC class for years. I obviously need one of these before I attend.

T'ain't enough coverage for ECQC...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

No, I think it covers the taint as well.

No, I think it covers the taint as well.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Did you think it was a game?
    Hah, I'll shoot someone anywhere I can, I just find it interesting that that is where shots so commonly land. Any part of the FUT encourage this for some reason?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

The Army's version of depends.

How the hell am supposed to piss in a bottle with that thing on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Hah, I'll shoot someone anywhere I can, I just find it interesting that that is where shots so commonly land. Any part of the FUT encourage this for some reason?
    I hesitate to speak since I am not Craig and I have not seen nearly the amount of evos he has, but IME, sometimes it is a function of shooting from retention (the #2). With the downward angle it is already heading in that direction.

Other times it is still shooting form the #2, but this time from the ground up, and the pelvis is still in the way and the round traveling upwards runs into man-parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I hesitate to speak since I am not Craig and I have not seen nearly the amount of evos he has, but IME, sometimes it is a function of shooting from retention (the #2). With the downward angle it is already heading in that direction.

Other times it is still shooting form the #2, but this time from the ground up, and the pelvis is still in the way and the round traveling upwards runs into man-parts.
    I'm probably using the terminology incorrectly, but in our class I saw it happen during gun struggles when the person on top took the gun away from a defender on bottom fending with the legs, exposing the taintular area as a prime target. A good example of how it happens is right at the end of the video from our class (Mar '12 OK):
    (I can't seem to embed a clip staged to the right moment, so here it is at 4:18: LINK TO YOUTUBE)
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    After going through ECQC I think a J Frame AIWB (or to a lesser extent front pocket) would be valuable in a clinch. .
    So is a clinch pick, and it is smaller, lighter, easier to get to, and easier to maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    So does everyone turn into a dick shooter at ECQC? Because I'm noticing a trend...
    Not all of us are dick shooters. Some of us are taint stabbers instead.

Having had quite a few blood exposures of dirtbag blood, and the medical issues that can come with that, and having been to court a metrickittenton on various cases, I would much rather, as a general rule, blast someone with my J frame than hook then with a knife given the choice ahead of time to pick one or the other.

Gun shot wounds tend, I say again tend, to bleed less than large knife wounds. Gutting bad guys, as justified as it may be, is also fraught with much more baggage than shooting bad guys, in both real court and the court of public opinion.

Just a couple of thoughts on the matter.

That sayin, I do have knives on me, and the training and will to use them.

User Tag List