Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Progressive brass to face issue with a 2008 Gen 3 G19

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Progressive brass to face issue with a 2008 Gen 3 G19

Before we get all "OH WOE IS TO GLOCK AND THEIR MIM PARTS" keep in mind this is a 2008 vintage Glock 19 and the brass-to-face issue is something that has been increasing over time (with crappy Wolf ammo) and has not been an issue form the get go. It also just broke 8,000 rounds.

Now, the recoil spring assembly was replaced about a thousand rounds ago so I don't think that's the culprit. The extractor claw *looks* okay, but I can't say for sure. Is it possible that the extractor depressor plunger spring is worn out? I figure if it's not providing proper extractor tension it might be the cuprit. For what its worth, I shot this side by side with my Gen3 G17RTF at the range the other day and the 17 didnt have the same brass to face issues of the 19.

Site Supporter
    Older 19s occasionally gave me brass to the head. Running the new ejector fixed all of them.

-Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it possible that the extractor depressor plunger spring is worn out?
    Yes, it is possible. My utterly reliable 2006 K series G17 that had been 100% for pushing 20K rounds had a stovepipe last year. I hadn't really been paying attention because that gun has been so low maintenance, but after that I noted ejection was weak, especially with the lower end ammo like WWB. I did some checking, figured out the EDPS was worn out. New spring made things all right with the world again.

Thanks for the replies, gents. I'll swap out both parts and see how that goes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Thanks for the replies, gents. I'll swap out both parts and see how that goes.
    One at a time so you can see which one fixes the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    ^This^

Will do! I don't have much range time in my future but I'll be sure to do this next time I go out.

I also have a 2008 G19 with the same issue. It didn't bother me until this evening when I got brass to the
    right eye. (Eye pro saved my vision)

Older 19s occasionally gave me brass to the head. Running the new ejector fixed all of them.
    30274?

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Yes, it is possible. My utterly reliable 2006 K series G17 that had been 100% for pushing 20K rounds had a stovepipe last year. I hadn't really been paying attention because that gun has been so low maintenance, but after that I noted ejection was weak, especially with the lower end ammo like WWB. I did some checking, figured out the EDPS was worn out. New spring made things all right with the world again.
    I need to order some springs as well. I'll add that to my list.

Question

Unlike Nephrology's G19 mine only has a little over 1,000 rounds through it. Does this change any of the advice? Also does anyone recommend the White Sound extractor depressor plunger spring over the Glock OEM part?

My M series G19 did the "100% reliable until it hit about 1200 rounds" trick and then started stovepiping and beating me in the face with brass.

I got ahold of a pre MIM extractor and an HRED, the gun works really well now with that combo.

User Tag List