Thread: What sights for SIRT?

What sights for SIRT?

Just got a SIRT Pro, and enjoying it so far. Except for one thing...I can't stand the sight picture on the included sights. I want to get a decent set of replacement sights that don't break the bank (no need for tritium). Can anyone suggest a economical pair of sights that actually fit the SIRT slide well without needing Loctite or any modifications?
    Thanks in advance!

I have no idea but I've been thinking about painting my front sight orange to closely resemble my Trijicon HDs on my G17.
    Just my two cents.

The Ameriglo Defoor set. Call them and ask for a longer screw.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Thanks for the suggestion. Regarding the Defoors, are they taller than the stock sights? One of the things I don't like about the stock sights is how short and stubby they are. I'm used to shooting taller sights that offer a more distinct sight picture.

Not much. You may wanna look into Dawson and size them exactly how you want.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Just scanned through the Ameriglo catalog, and it looks like the GL-453 could have good potential. It's pretty cheap (even more so than the Defoors), it's taller, and it has a red fiber optic front. I was thinking that could be a good thing, as it could potentially help me keep focus on the front sight instead of taking glances at the laser (which I find myself doing after doing many trigger presses in a row).
    Anyone have experience with these sights?

User Tag List