Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SLG Mini Course

Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this, I just got home from VA last night. Thanks to all for the kind words, I had a great time at the class, and am deeply gratified to hear that others did as well.

As I mentioned before, this class would not have come off, and certainly not been as good, without the excellent help I had from the P-F.com staff and SME's. Todd, Sean(who has a MUCH busier schedule than I do), TC, LL, Josh, JV, GS and Tom (all the way from NM!) were absolutely invaluable in making the class a good learning experience for the students. Any real learning that occurred was due to them.

The students, as already mentioned, not only came ready and able to learn(on Mother's day no less), but with gear that would allow that to happen. This is not a small point, and should be a clue for other groups.

I learned many things from the students as well. Some were logistical, some were pedagogical (probably not a word, and I still don't know what it means anyway), but one of the most memorable things I learned was that shooting is just like playing a musical instrument:-) Along those lines, it was reinforced to me that issues in the world of shooting are basically the same as issues in every other human endeavor. The more you can draw on knowledge and skills from one area, the faster you'll pick up another. The Japanese figured that out a long time ago, but it bears repeating.

Again, thanks to all, and I really look forward to seeing you all on the range in the future.

Well, I am jealous too...can't wait for the NE Washington Mini Course...HINT, HINT!!!

As somebody that's just been watching this thread thus far, I just want to say major kudos to everyone involved with this. It's clear that this was a great learning experience for the people that were able to go, and I hope that those of you that were able to give some time to help on the instruction side don't underestimate the real, positive impact this kind of thing can have on people.

Personally, I'm thrilled when I can get useful advice on a forum from those kind enough to share; this was the extra mile and then some.

User Tag List