Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: J Frame died on the range today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That's fricken sigline material right there.

This is why on most days there's a 1911 on my hip, a J-frame in a jacket or vest pocket, and an L-frame in my purse. I figure if I'm bringing the jacket and the purse along anyway, they might as well hold a spare gun...
    Holy necropost!!!

I know this is old but my wife thinks that's some funny stuff, and likes that a girl is packing some serious iron....

Doo dah, doo dah....

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    OT, but every time I see this thread title in the forum list, my brain adds "Doo-dah! Doo-dah! J Frame died on the range today, oh-de-doo-dah-day!"
    Doo dah!!

Oh Doo Dah Day!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    This is why my 642 that I carry as a BUG in my weak side pocket on duty has another almost just like it on my ankle.

I figure if two is one, and one is none, then three is like at least one and a half, maybe even two.
    Sorry to pile on the necropost…but I think I just got a tactical man crush right there

The 2 is 1, 1 is none thing has been around for at least the past 3 decades in military and LE context.

I was at the range last week and watched a recently produced J-frame completely lock-up.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Origionally posted by DocGKR

I was at the range last week and watched a recently produced J-frame completely lock-up.
    Just out of morbid curiosity, can you shed some light on which model of J-frame? What ammo was being used? What was the nature of the jam? Was this something that could have been prevented, or was it just the luck of the draw?

Was not my revolver, so no clue--was some type of new hammerless, like a 642, firing .38 sp, not .357 Mag. It was locked up tight, trigger not moving, cylinder not rotating, unable to open cylinder.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Sounds like a squib in the forcing cone, or a backed out primer.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Someone once told me that a big advantage of the old style revolver - exposed hammer, hammer spur, firing pin on hammer, was to allow for the hammer to pull a stuck firing pin out of a backed out primer. Didn't happen often, but when it did it tied up the gun.

Maybe that is what happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    sometimes they would manage to get a case rim under the star and that was a real show stopper.
    Saw this happen a couple weeks ago at an IDPA practice session. I believe it was a 686 SSR. It was indeed a show stopper.

User Tag List