Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals of the Double Action Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Ya got me.

Well there's two.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    So, how many of y'all played around with the techniques after watching the video?
    Curses! Trapped again!

You are like some law enforcement Svengali, peering into my mind.....

Sometime back, there was a thread about how training has changed and I tried to explain how we trained and didn't do a very good job. Well, you just saw a training film that I watched several times when I started in law enforcement. That was considered the best. If you noticed the reloading from the pocket, that was practiced a lot, along with the use of a drop box.

I tend to forget how long it has been until I see something like this film, something like 50 years ago when I started. On a totally unrelated subject, there was a discussion about the use of lights in IDPA. and it reminded me that we were taught to get rid of the light so the bad guy wouldn't have a target to shoot at.

Sorry about the rambling, Simon

When I got hired my job still issued Jordan holsters and dump boxes, and we had to shoot from the hip at the 3 yard line and "point shoulder" at the 5

I never carried either the Jordan holster or the dump boxes as we were allowed to use personal holsters and speedloaders. I also refused to not aim, at least when they weren't watching me on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    So, how many of y'all played around with the techniques after watching the video?
    Perhaps a better question is how many used the techniques BEFORE watching the video!
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    When I got hired my job still issued Jordan holsters and dump boxes, and we had to shoot from the hip at the 3 yard line and "point shoulder" at the 5

I never carried either the Jordan holster or the dump boxes as we were allowed to use personal holsters and speedloaders. I also refused to not aim, at least when they weren't watching me on the line.
    We had the choice of the Jordan or the Tom Threepersons style (strap only, no thumbbreak allowed), and dump boxes or open loops. Speedloaders were strictly prohibited.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Speedloaders were strictly prohibited.
    What was the reasoning behind that?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    What was the reasoning behind that?
    Too fangled.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I'm guessing "Uniformity" for $100 Alex

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Perhaps a better question is how many used the techniques BEFORE watching the video!
    We have a couple of guys around here, including one who was on the job before I was born, who remember the techniques from their training days.

User Tag List