Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR: Ken Hackathorn 2-Day Advanced Handgun, 24-25 June 2013 in Castro Valley, CA

Really enjoyed this write-up.

I'm still somewhat baffled by the turn it took on another site to which it was posted, though I was easily able to find a pdf archive of the original post including follow-up comments on another site to give some idea of what happened. I'm still scratching my head a bit, though.

That whole sorry episode is one of the most appalling and unnecessary things I've ever compulsively read about.

I dunno, it would seem to be uncharacteristic of PF to air that forums stuff out here. I'm dying to add a reply facetiously asking Doc some tongue in cheek questions from the incident; but this ain't the place for it. AR15.com has it all laid out there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I dunno, it would seem to be uncharacteristic of PF to air that forums stuff out here. I'm dying to add a reply facetiously asking Doc some tongue in cheek questions from the incident; but this ain't the place for it. AR15.com has it all laid out there.
    Yup and thanks.
    #RESIST

Yes a good write up by someone who knows how to them.
    Ken is a phenomenal instructor I enjoyed the 4 days I got to spend with him when we had him up here a year or so back. He unconsciously does stuff with a gun that most strive to do consciously, and he does it perfect or damn near to.
    Watching him go through people's kit and say "yes, no, no NO, YES" to various items was awesome.
    And then the stories, for someone who doesn't have a real internet presence he fully understand the ebb and flow of forums and calmly explained it to me, quite the treat, and one I'd love to do again, outside of storm season that is...
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

We are diminished
    You can't say enough about Ken as an instructor. I did a little write-up about him (and his impact on me) a few years ago that you can read here if you're interested.

Please look beyond the drama that was started by others and just read the AAR DocGKR wrote... it tells you everything you need to know.

The Staff appreciates that everyone has kept the rest of the fabricated drama off of pistol-forum.

I would again like to stress how spot on the AAR was based on my experience in the same class taken in ATL in April 2011. Since the drama started I have read and re-read the AAR several times and can't find a single thing I disagree with in Doc's assessment. What the AAR did for me though is make me want to take the class again .... and regret not repeating it last year due to a scheduling conflict on my part.

I have taken classes from a few different instructors over the years and the only two I would really seek out again are ToddG and Hack. I learned from each of the other instructors and am glad I had varying instruction to draw from but these two instructors are the ones I feel helped me improve the most. There are other "different" instructors on my short list to seek classes from but these are the only 2 I've taken from that I would actually pay to take over.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    When I read this course review it was like being back in the course. I am not generally inclined to comment much on course reviews and wasn't going to here either, mainly because I don't imagine a guy like the Doc is particularly interested in encouragement from a guy at my level.
    But if I wasn't slightly hesitant to waste people's time with my opinion on stuff, this is one of the extremely rare instances in which I am actually motivated to comment, simply because I was really taken back to course times I had with Ken.

I would therefore say that this is an outstanding description of the course.

And I loved the courses I took with Ken. I can't see how it could possibly be construed as anything but a positive review.

Flawless, sub-moa fit and finish...all day long.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List