Page 85 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Outstanding Dad! You have much to be proud for!

Great work by both you and your daughter. That's excellent marksmanship.

And elk jerky is a gift from Heaven. It's my favorite food on the planet.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My wife got me this 1960's vintage Bausch & Lomb BALscope spotter for Christmas this year. Near mint condition, 30x eyepiece, both lens covers and original mount.

Crytsal clear and tough as nails. This beats the hell out of my cheap ass Barska and Burris spotters and wasn't much more $. A good spotting scope has been the one thing I have been reluctant to drop real money, not sure why.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post

My wife got me this 1960's vintage Bausch & Lomb BALscope spotter for Christmas this year. Near mint condition, 30x eyepiece, both lens covers and original mount.

Crytsal clear and tough as nails. This beats the hell out of my cheap ass Barska and Burris spotters and wasn't much more $. A good spotting scope has been the one thing I have been reluctant to drop real money, not sure why.
    I have an even cheaper BSA purchased when I didn't know any better. A good quality spotting scope is on my short list.

Nice find.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.

So, that little girl in the pics is now 13.

3 weeks ago she shot her first elk, a nice cow, on a 3 generation hunt. The shot was a lasered 375 yards, and she put it directly behind the shoulder, as instructed. Here she is pointing to the POI.

For her birthday this year she received a T3 in .308, which I had the barrel trimmed back, a brake added, and bought an extra wood stock, which was cut down to fit her. When she gets bigger, we can put the original stock back on. Needless to say he Papa (grandfather) was quite proud, as he watched the 45 minute stalk.

Sledding the quarters off the mountainside:

Thanks for sharing those words and photos. THIS is America, folks!

So this just arrived. The 13th production Spyderco built in America. First knives had aluminum handles, and later ones made with G10. This was a collaboration knife between knifebuilder Bob Terzuola and Spyderco, built under agreement by the company which would become Benchmade. The story as described by Bob T. and Sal Glesser (owner of Spyderco):

"When Sal Glesser of Spyderco first approached me for a Clipit design in 1989, we had been friends for several years. We knew each others standards of quality and willingness to truly collaborate and produce a product we both could be proud of. I was up front with him about my requirements for using ATS-34 (never before used in a factory folder), and having the knives made in the USA, not Japan (resulting in the eventual creation of Spyderco Manufacturing in Golden Co.).

"The resulting C-15 became somewhat of a milestone in American made pocket knives, being the first factory knife made in the USA (or anywhere else) using ATS-34 steel, the liner lock and G-10 for its handles. (Few people know that even Benchmade got its start from this knife since Les D'Asis was the original manufaturer, even before Benchmade existed)."

-- Robert Terzuola

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lester
    (Lester de Asis is the founder and President of Benchmade Knives) had just moved his new factory to the Portand area. He was producing bali-songs along with a few models of Browning origin.

"Spyderco had no US mfg facility at the time and Bob T insisted that it be US made. Lester and I had been friends for many years. I agreed to have Lester make the C15 design for Spyderco. Lester and I went down to Bob's shop in Sante Fe and Bob taught the both of us how to make linerlocks using the ball bearing detent developed by Michael Walker.

"Lester went on to produce the first several runs of C15's for us. Then Spyderco set up our own mfg facility in Golden and took over production.

"It was good for both Lester and I in many respects."

-- Sal Glesser

That is extremely cool!!!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    So this just arrived. The 13th production Spyderco built in America. First knives had aluminum handles, and later ones made with G10. This was a collaboration knife between knifebuilder Bob Terzuola and Spyderco, built under agreement by the company which would become Benchmade. The story as described by Bob T. and Sal Glesser (owner of Spyderco):

"When Sal Glesser of Spyderco first approached me for a Clipit design in 1989, we had been friends for several years. We knew each others standards of quality and willingness to truly collaborate and produce a product we both could be proud of. I was up front with him about my requirements for using ATS-34 (never before used in a factory folder), and having the knives made in the USA, not Japan (resulting in the eventual creation of Spyderco Manufacturing in Golden Co.).

"The resulting C-15 became somewhat of a milestone in American made pocket knives, being the first factory knife made in the USA (or anywhere else) using ATS-34 steel, the liner lock and G-10 for its handles. (Few people know that even Benchmade got its start from this knife since Les D'Asis was the original manufaturer, even before Benchmade existed)."

-- Robert Terzuola

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lester
    (Lester de Asis is the founder and President of Benchmade Knives) had just moved his new factory to the Portand area. He was producing bali-songs along with a few models of Browning origin.

"Spyderco had no US mfg facility at the time and Bob T insisted that it be US made. Lester and I had been friends for many years. I agreed to have Lester make the C15 design for Spyderco. Lester and I went down to Bob's shop in Sante Fe and Bob taught the both of us how to make linerlocks using the ball bearing detent developed by Michael Walker.

"Lester went on to produce the first several runs of C15's for us. Then Spyderco set up our own mfg facility in Golden and took over production.

"It was good for both Lester and I in many respects."

-- Sal Glesser

I've got the aluminum handled version but never knew the story behind it. Thanks for sharing!

User Tag List