Page 65 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

It's a big jet, so it isn't going to turn like a fighter. We're limited to 3Gs in wartime with the wings aft. That being said it's still pretty responsive for its size. We can increase speed quickly, especially if we're at a good fighting weight. The jet is mach 1.2 capable. Supersonic shows of force are pretty common. Pilots and WSOs alike can say they've peed standing up going supersonic. There aren't too many other jets that can claim that dubious honor.

God Bless our Warriors all!

Finally, a pic of the Beretta - and it's little knife buddy. Not only my favourite Berettas, but the only two I have. For scale, that blade is only just 2.5 inches.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" Ogden Nash

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    It's a big jet, so it isn't going to turn like a fighter. We're limited to 3Gs in wartime with the wings aft. That being said it's still pretty responsive for its size. We can increase speed quickly, especially if we're at a good fighting weight. The jet is mach 1.2 capable. Supersonic shows of force are pretty common. Pilots and WSOs alike can say they've peed standing up going supersonic. There aren't too many other jets that can claim that dubious honor.
    I still remember from many years ago (early 80s) traveling to McGuire AFB the day after an air show there (we missed it for some reason.) Dad was driving and were just out from the base when he suddenly pulls over and tells everyone to get out. A B-1B had just taken off from the airfield and was making a lazy left turn overhead, wing spread wide like a massive eagle. As it came through 270 degrees it leveled out, put it's nose skyward, pulled the wings back and just tore away from the field accompanied by the loudest sound I'd ever heard in my life. I was 10 or 11 and was possibly the most beautiful sight I'd seen. They're one of two aircraft I wish I could own, if I had unlimited funds. The other is an F-15E. (Ok, an SR-71 is up there pretty far, but it's 3rd behind the F-15E and B-1B on my fantasy list.) B-1B's are just such a sexy looking aircraft. You're a lucky man to have a gal like that.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

More Beretta action! My new-to-me 92FS and a stack of magazines. This one gets shot later this week and then off to Wilson Combat.

Don't know why the previous pic dropped out, but here's another one anyway.

Beretta 84F - new range toy.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" Ogden Nash

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by 45R View Post

What sights are on your sig?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    My K-frame "Target Masterpiece" trifecta (Top to Bottom: 17-2, 16-2, K38):

The 16-2 now wears the same Ahrends Retro Combat stocks as the other two. I have the original grips for all three, but prefer the Ahrends for shooting. I also have a set of Herrett Revolver Target stocks that came with the K38, but would work on any of the three. They're only good for SA shooting and I shoot almost exclusively DA, so they're stashed away with the K38's box.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    My K-frame "Target Masterpiece" trifecta (Top to Bottom: 17-2, 16-2, K38):

The 16-2 now wears the same Ahrends Retro Combat stocks as the other two. I have the original grips for all three, but prefer the Ahrends for shooting. I also have a set of Herrett Revolver Target stocks that came with the K38, but would work on any of the three. They're only good for SA shooting and I shoot almost exclusively DA, so they're stashed away with the K38's box.

Chris
    I have envy.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List