Page 36 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lindertw View Post
    Review of the Magpul SGA stock? I found myself last week checking Magpul's website daily to see if they'd released it for the Mossberg yet...
    Before:

After:

Oleg Volk I ain't.
    Colt MKIV, Series 80 Combat Commander. Black K-Coat, Novak sights, beavertail grip safety. Trigger got a light tune-up,and I had to have the grip screw escutcheons restaked, they came off when I removed the old grips.
    Amazingly, this is a mid-80s Colt 1911 which has always fed hollow-points just fine, so it needed no polishing or other work on the feed ramp.
    Last edited by Drang; 01-27-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Pic thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Review of the Magpul SGA stock? I found myself last week checking Magpul's website daily to see if they'd released it for the Mossberg yet...
    I picked up the 870 this past Monday, patterned it with a few loads on Tuesday, and installed the magpul stock on Saturday. I really like the way the new stock feels; I have it set up on the shortest length of pull right now and I think that's where it will stay. The grip angle feels so much better than the factory piece.

I wasn't sure about the looks at first, but it's growing on me

So far I've put Federal XM127 00AC 9 pellet 00 buck, Winchester 'military grade' 00 buck and Winchester Ranger slugs down the pipe. The pic below shows the pattern with the Fed XM127, 10 shots @ 7 yards in roughly the size of my fist. The Winchester military grade was easily double that.

still testing ammo and I need to figure out a sling, but man I wish I would've picked up a shotgun years ago. It's a lot of fun to shoot!

Drang,

I had a chance to shoot the 870 w/magpul stock tonight and I like it. I may try adding one insert (currently set at shortest LOP).

Additionally, there is a little rubber piece that covers where the stock mounts to the receiver and it has a small recess - almost like a thumb rest... Don't place your thumb there in shortest LOP config while shooting slugs; you'll only do it once

Patterned three more loads through it tonight, and that Federal XM127 still shoots best through mine; I need to find some more.

Got to bring in the Stars and Stripes last Saturday night during a night demonstration jump. International Equestrian Center Wellington, FL. Proud to be American!

Nice!

About halfway up the headwall of Devil's Kitchen on Hood a couple weeks ago..

Upper, less steep section of the headwall (basically the top)

Up and over, cross the eastern "knife edge" to the last section of the Terrible Traverse, glorious, warm morning glow..

Past the Terrible Traverse, the easy roll of the summit ridge welcomes..

Was one of my best days in the alpine, ever
    They once called me bkb0000...

Beautiful man! I LOVE climbing.

Thank you for sharing those, Ben B.
    #RESIST

Ben,

Your photos bring back some good old memories. I summered up at Hood for a few summers years back while coaching up on the Palmer. We skied off the summit a number of times and always look back at those days fondly. I remember skiing some great corn (and Maritime cement ) out on the Whiteriver and Zig Zag Glaciers too. Good stuff!

T

Spent the afternoon, shooting by myself in sub freezing temps.

#RESIST

User Tag List