Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Cool My collection is pretty small now

A favorite pic of my old guns I sold:

Nobody said it had to be just guns right??? Turning 6 months old Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    That looks like just about the perfect collection there. Everything you need, not a lot of "stuff".

Nice.
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." - Sir William Francis Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    That looks like just about the perfect collection there. Everything you need, not a lot of "stuff".

Nice.
    Thank you, replace the G19 with a M&P 9c

YVK, that is a beautiful 1911. We need the specs!

Tell me about the rear sight, the grip safety, and the ingenious RDS on the suppressor.

My only collection was a glock 26...picked up a 17 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
    YVK, that is a beautiful 1911. We need the specs!

Tell me about the rear sight, the grip safety, and the ingenious RDS on the suppressor.
    I am a second owner, although the gun was not shot before I got it. I don't have a build sheet - which is for the better since every time I take it apart, I find something new. It was built by Ned Christiansen, who is a great guy and a genius. The main line in this build was extreme weight reduction while maintaining all steel construction - metal was removed from all places possible and impossible.
    Rear sight is Ned's rendition of how it is supposed be done for one-handed manipulations. Combined with flattened top of the slide, it makes a big "hook" with very reliable engagement.
    Grip safety: I believe Ned holds a patent for this mod. Some folks - and Ned is one of them - have issues with traditional GS due to pivoting nature of it. When one tries to get a very high grip on the gun, it is possible to provide more upwards pressure on beavertail than forward pressure on the pad, and gun won't fire. Ned "splits" grip safety into two pieces so beavertail portion is static and doesn't move at all. This is how it looks on the gun

RDS part is a proof of concept. The can is neutered - something to do with Michigan class III laws...He just thought that suppressor can be a carrier for RDS and built that mount. I haven't pursued getting a real can to test it out.

I'm proud of my own stippling job.

God Bless,
    David

P2000Sk in "nightstand" mode.

Banned
    The pistol collection:

User Tag List