Page 172 of 179 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1786

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    That is a Pitts Special S-2B. A buddy recently bought it, and I was giving him instruction in it for insurance purposes (he could already fly it competently).

The Pitts has been my all-time favorite airplane since I was 12 years old.

TC215, just reading your reply. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how cool that Pitts Special is. A truly timeless design. In my admittedly limited experience with aircraft, I did have two unforgettable ones back in the '70's. I had a coworker take me up, twice, in the biplane he owned. He was a veteran of Korea and Viet Nam. Since he passed away years ago, other than it being an open cockpit, I'm unable to tell you what brand or model - that plane was. Those two flights are in my top five lifetime experiences, all-time.

Thanks for bringing it back to me!
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

I think TC215 wins this show off thread! That Pitts is a Ferrari compared to the sedate family sedan Musketeer we used to putt around in
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Channeling my inner- @GJM today.

Very nice! I've been obsessed with Mike Patey's Scrappy/trophy cub build over the last several months.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Very nice! I've been obsessed with Mike Patey's Scrappy/trophy cub build over the last several months.
    I’ve heard my dad talk about it. Patey is an interesting guy. I was glad he didn’t get hurt when he tore up DRACO.

Channeling my inner- @GJM today.

Extra credit for ball centered!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ve heard my dad talk about it. Patey is an interesting guy. I was glad he didn’t get hurt when he tore up DRACO.
    Same. Very much looking forward to what he does with the next Wilga. Meanwhile, the Scrappy build has me looking into building things with composites... which was of no interest prior.

My incredible wife and amazing son made this for me for my birthday! I freaking love it!!!

Name:  0A2AD090-30D3-4385-8D8A-F20ACB25CDE7.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  45.7 KB
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

For those of you who like planes, my grandpa, Karl Bergey, was Assistant Chief Engineer for Piper and designed the Cherokee and some others too. He passed away last year. His windmill generator company is still going. Bergey Windpower, www.bergey.com. He was also in WWII. He still taught aerospace engineering at OU when he passed away, that's where he met my grandmom, who was head librarian in the engineering department for 25 years. A little history there. ...okay back on track....

...anyway...bought my first HK today. The USP was designed specifically for the .40 S&W.

User Tag List