Page 11 of 179 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    What other details can you tell us about this one?

Nice Budweiser by the way!

I can tell you that it was expensive!! Hahaha.

It is a 1928 West Hurley, which is a pretty common item (relatively speaking), and there were a lot made. I initially wanted an M1, but much prefer the top cocking lever vs. one on the right side of the receiver. This one is very close to "Navy" specs, however the serial number is not listed in my book on Thompson's, which details every make and serial number, or range of numbers if they know where it went originally, and gives the location if they know where it is presently.

The VFG and drum mags would indicate it is in fact, a commercial gun, but because the 1928 models were interchangeable with the drum/stick mags, as well as fore-ends, it is tough to say if there is any significant history attached to the gun or not.

It shoots great. I am working on a project to modify a second fore-end, and mount an AimPoint T-1 to the fore-end along with a flashlight, as well as reducing the length of pull slightly so I can run it as a CQB/HD type gun. At the same time, I can easily change it back to original parts and configuration so my Monster Garage Chop Shop antics don't drop the value of my collectors piece.

The only complaint is that I don't get very much free .45 ammo, and I am still waiting on a progressive re-loader.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

My Heirloom Precision Commander - Tuned and detailed by Jason Burton and Ted Yost.

Used it to win the Vickers Tactical Hat at a class with Larry during one of the elimination drills.

Apparently a DT - posted an earlier pic without the VZ Frags.
    Last edited by John Ralston; 09-01-2011 at 09:19 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Colt M1903 Pocket Hammerless (Ser # 28xxx = Made in 1905) in 98% original condition, in "Hidden Stitch" rayskin holster from theholstersite.com.

Attachment 133

Big pimpin'. Don't hate.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Nice P99!

How many rounds through it?

Beretta 96D

Chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Colt M1903 Pocket Hammerless (Ser # 28xxx = Made in 1905) in 98% original condition, in "Hidden Stitch" rayskin holster from theholstersite.com.

Attachment 133

Big pimpin'. Don't hate.
    No hating here. Just appreciating the old school cool. I assume it's a .32?

User Tag List