Page 62 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

A little revolver family photo. I went a little crazy this weekend and bought a nickel plated 1970-vintage Colt Cobra, and a 3" round butt Model 65-3, both had come from La Uniformada (Puerto Rico Police). Apparently, my dealer got a big shipment of these guns a mix of issue weapons and confiscations. I have no idea whether my guns were issued, but I highly doubt it, no real discernible holster wear on either gun, but some corrosion/rust under the grips. The Cobra is a re-nickel and the price reflected that, but the lock-up was perfect and I have a real weakness for D-Frames.

I have to work on my photography skills, mainly lighting and selecting the right shutter speed to get things crisp. I am doing better in dynamic nature settings but static indoor is really troublesome. I like this background though, back in the day our museum had cultural materials, before they built the big "State of Texas Museum". When that happened our little museum became a natural history focused museum and our cultural materials were stored for a while and recently a bunch were de-accessioned and sold/given away/destroyed. I rescued a stack of these prints that are blow-ups of patent drawings that were on display with antique weapons. The antique weapons, by the way, are on loan to the big museum downtown, not lost/sold/given-away/destroyed.

-Rob

Nice photo. I struggle with lighting too. I do like the background print.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Rob,

If you don't mind me asking, who is your dealer? I'm down just down the road in SA. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Rob,

If you don't mind me asking, who is your dealer? I'm down just down the road in SA. Thanks
    GT Distributors here in Austin off Brockton Drive. When I was there on Saturday they had three or four 3rd issue Colt Detective Specials in various states of wear, an ugly, but perfect lock-up Colt Agent (3rd issue with the hideous factory parkerizing, like the one in my photo above wearing the fake pearlies), a couple of square butt M36s, and some assorted 4" K-Frames, all in .38/.357 and not one of the guns was over 4 bills. You might give them a ring and see what they have left.

-Rob

Site Supporter
    I'm going tomorrow.

Thanks

I'll join!

Trio by pyzik200, on Flickr

M&P x3 by pyzik200, on Flickr

Nice. Who did you have to the stippling and slide cuts?

I did the stippling.
    ATEi did all serrations except the top rear of my full size. That was done by another company and I was not happy with the work.

ATEi has been great.

ATEiguns.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

What's the idea cutting a slide like that? Aesthetics?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

One handed manipulation/aesthetics

User Tag List