Page 102 of 179 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1786

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Cool gun...
    Does it shoot?
    Should be able to take her out today, or next week if not. Will advise!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Vending Machine Operator
    CSW, just got back from the range. The GP100 did amazingly well. Built like a tank. My girlfriend, who was only on her 3rd or 4th range trip ever, hit 5 out of 6 rounds at 25 feet in the center ring on all 4 cylinders it she ran through it, with each of her 1 flyaway rounds only barely outside. Not the .38s, she shot like that with full house Gold Dot 125-grain .357s (we ran both).

Great gun. Very happy. Thanks again for a great trade.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 09-11-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Perfect!
    The Walther is running flawless also!

Name:  20160904_122115_HDR.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  57.7 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    New-to-me GP100 with 125-grain Gold Dots, in B&W on an iPhone camera because I am an insufferable hipster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can call yourself whatever you choose, Sir - that is one great photo! Thanks for posting it.

Vending Machine Operator
    Thanks sir! That's encouraging! Though stainless revolvers and wood tables are so pretty they do a lot of the work.

Because these knives need to be shown off and they're mine :-)
    I apologize in advance for the lack of quality of the simple iPhone photos compared to what people show here but I hope enough detail shows up.

Joe Watson, every so often, makes some "off catalog" knives that are truly works of art.

Here are (r-l): the Alamo Special with curly maple handle, the Frontiersman with antique curly maple, another Alamo Special with vintage paper micarta.

Name:  Watson Trio.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  31.7 KB

Here are the specs.
    Alamo Special (Taken from Monkey Edge site):
    A brand new design from Joe, the Alamo Special has influences from the famous Bowie type blade. This is one of the very first of the model, which is still being finalized in design, making this a "prototype" of sorts. The .140 inch thick clip point profile blade brings excellent versatility, lets you get the tip into harder to reach spaces, makes for a great slicer and brings the tip more centered in line with the whole knife.

The Blade: Hand ground from W2 steel, the blade has been differentially heat treated. This results in a tougher inner layer/cutting edge with a softer and protective outer layer, easy to see from the hamon on the blade.

The Handle:
    Special #1: The Handle: Made from curly maple, the handle has been sculpted to allow extra grip, and the profile locks right into your hand.
    Special #2: Made from vintage paper micarta, the handle has been sculpted to allow extra grip, and the profile locks right into your hand.

• Overall Length: 7.75 in
    • Blade Length: 4 in
    • Cutting Edge Length: 3.5 in
    • Blade Thickness: .140 in
    • Weight: 4.1 Ounces
    • Blade Material: Differentially heat treated W2

Frontiersman (taken from Watson site): This knife is inspired by knives carried on the American frontier, this is my take on the concept.
    Double edged knife
    5/32" thick deferentially hardened (hard edge, spring tempered body) W2 carbon steel. Flat ground with visible temper line
    7.75" OAL, 3.75" blade. Blade width is nearly 1.5"
    Antique brown curly maple handle with nickel silver pins

Close up of the blade.

Frontiersman: polished so thoroughly that you can see the reflection of my hands, making the hamon (a true hamon) difficult to see; the rougher looking flat close to the handle are something he does for looks, it's as smooth to the touch as the blade itself.

Name:  Watson Frontiersman hamon and polish.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  25.1 KB

Alamo Special: the hamon here is clearly visible and very individual to the knife, showing the level of work that Joe Watson put into the blades.

Name:  Watson Alamo Special hamon.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  Watson Alamo Special hamon 1.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  25.8 KB

So that we're clear, these are NOT art knives. These are extremely functional and incredibly sharp knives. Joe Watson does extraordinary work.

Joe Watson is my favorite knife maker on the planet.

He also does a lot of terrific work for some wonderful charitable organizations and causes.

Site Supporter
    I just wish Joe was still doing the Clinch Pick mods, I never got a chance to send mine to him.

I think he just stopped for a while and I assume it's because he has been quite busy with his own designs (especially those that aren't part of his regular catalog) and going to shows like Blade and USN.

A couple of months ago he did write, though, that he expected to be back at doing CP mods at some point. I've no idea when that would be.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List