Page 173 of 179 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1786

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Name:  E10688CE-2EAD-4D4A-94CF-8AD7E8BC721D.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  40.3 KB

Properly stored .22LR lasts awhile, 47+ years and counting. (Hand written purchase date of 2-2-73)

My father purchased this about 4 years before I was born.

Name:  20200802_233053.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  61.5 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Name:  E10688CE-2EAD-4D4A-94CF-8AD7E8BC721D.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  40.3 KB
    Doesn't look like a Rattler :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Doesn't look like a Rattler :P
    Very perceptive.

This was my dad's 'old man gun' and I think will be my next focus on pistolas for a bit. It's a 1.0, so it needs some things (barrel, trigger), and the original Deltapoint on top has a battery life measured in what feels like seconds...So a DPP on top will be coming along.

I'm thinking Agency Arms barrel and comp, Apex trigger, Deltapoint Pro...and the smallest backstrap I can find. Thumb safety feels pretty good and very 1911-like (my dad was a 1911 guy too), but the medium-sized backstrap puts my thumb a little low and doesn't let me flag the safety up like I can on a 1911.

Very perceptive.

This was my dad's 'old man gun' and I think will be my next focus on pistolas for a bit. It's a 1.0, so it needs some things (barrel, trigger), and the original Deltapoint on top has a battery life measured in what feels like seconds...So a DPP on top will be coming along.

I'm thinking Agency Arms barrel and comp, Apex trigger, Deltapoint Pro...and the smallest backstrap I can find. Thumb safety feels pretty good and very 1911-like (my dad was a 1911 guy too), but the medium-sized backstrap puts my thumb a little low and doesn't let me flag the safety up like I can on a 1911.
    Sounds like a solid build list.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Very perceptive.

I run the 2.0 compact with the manual safeties.
    I run the small strap on them [the trainer and the carry] and it's near perfect for my hands, allowing for 'flagging'.
    Try it out.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I run the small strap on them [the trainer and the carry] and it's near perfect for my hands, allowing for 'flagging'.
    Try it out.
    I had the backstrap off of it today and it turns out it was a size small in place.

The challenge with the M&P for me, is index. M&Ps always tend to come out muzzle high with a backstrap in place and muzzle low with backstrap removed. I need to probably set it beside a 1911 and shave the backstrap down to be the 1911 angle and size and see if it works.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I bought one of these recently for my wife. Man, what a neat pistol. If the 9mm situation wasn't what it is I would be really tempted to get one for myself or maybe even a full size with thumb safety.

(Moved picture to Gauge Picture Thread)
    Last edited by Matt_J; 08-08-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Flight instructing this morning...

User Tag List