Page 29 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Screw the 7D body! I want that 70-200!

Which gen is it? I'm greatly tempted by that lens.

70-200 f/2.8 L IS II
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    70-200 f/2.8 L IS II
    I was actually still working as a profesional fashion photographer when those came out, and I remember lusting after one badly, not that my 1st gen was bad, just cause. That kind of fell by the wayside at about the same time my marriage did. Was weird to go from doing that as a job to not even owning a camera other than the one on my phone. Ah well.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

We are diminished
    I owned one of the original 70-200/2.8 IL lenses. It fell out of my camera bag, rolled down a slope, and plopped into a river in Montana. Canon said it was unsalvageable. I've since replaced it with the II and probably haven't taken a hundred pictures with it. Hopefully once the weather gets warmer I'll have a chance to hit some more matches and classes where I'll spend more time behind the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I owned one of the original 70-200/2.8 IL lenses. It fell out of my camera bag, rolled down a slope, and plopped into a river in Montana. Canon said it was unsalvageable. I've since replaced it with the II and probably haven't taken a hundred pictures with it. Hopefully once the weather gets warmer I'll have a chance to hit some more matches and classes where I'll spend more time behind the camera.
    Great for pet pics.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    My other hobby

that's awesome, any on-track vids?

Quote Originally Posted by lindertw View Post
    that's awesome, any on-track vids?
    Just one. Im still sorting the car out. It has pretty much sat neglected all this year. Prior to this video I only had it out once on 275 drag radials which was like pissing in the wind. This was the first time I got the car to hook. Running 4.5lbs of boost and 19 degrees of timing. Ive street tuned the car to 13psi and hope to get back out come spring time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyrE9qC1mIY

Did you guys see the pic of the Canon lens room at the Olympics? I had wood for a week.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    Did you guys see the pic of the Canon lens room at the Olympics? I had wood for a week.
    http://www.petapixel.com/2012/07/31/...ndon-olympics/

Ah geez. I hadn't seen all the bodies too. Want!

User Tag List