Page 40 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

The most recent addition to my Smith family:

Model 18-3

Attachment 1311

Note the absence of the accursed target trigger, bane of DA shooters everywhere.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I didn't say Portland..............I don't blame you for hating it. I have never cared for it either. I don't like the city. Even little cities like Portland, and the never ending mini-Portlands lining the I-5 corridor.

No, no, no.........I hit PDX, to 205 South, to 84 EASTBOUND............past Multnomah Falls...............past Mt. Hood...........and stop when I get to the eastern edge of her foothils. I don't know what the latest official census is, but if it's over 10k, it's barely over. The river on the northern edge of town for the numerous recreational activities it provides. Fishing, boating, jetski, waterski, windsurf. 45 min south, Deschutes River for it's activities. World class fly fishing, rookie level white water rafting, rattlesnake dodging. 20 min west, then 30 min south, Cooper Spur/Mt. Hood Meadows/Cloud Cap, and the various western slope hiking/skiing/mountain recreation areas. 20 minutes due south into populations of Belding's Ground Squirrel, which is where I can be found if I make it back there between March and July.

No cell coverage. No daily grind. No watch or clock. No stop lights. No traffic jams. Just fields of wild flowers and grasses, forests of Douglas Fir and Pondersa Pine, hill sides of scrub oak, and my favorite............................the acrobatic beauty of wildlife in motion ...........followed by the gray and red mist lingering in the air after a 17 grain VMAX rips through the noggin of digger after digger.

Now I just need to figure out how I can get paid for that, and I'll have a job when I retire.
    OK...I can agree with that! I am so happy to be in Spokane again, away from the Portland Liberal Wasteland, unbearable traffic and stupid people. Fly fishing, shooting, hunting, whatever are just minutes from my door now.

Not going to be this year. Family addition has me spending my annual ticket money for Grandma/Grandpa to come meet their first.

Maybe '14 will the year........I am definitely getting my aniti-prarie dog, anti-sage rat, anti-ground squirrel mindset ready to go. Now how to time it that I can afford to do both Hood and citters next year.
    Hood's cheap.. just gas to get there, unless you gotta rent stuff.. and even then, OMC or Mountain shop will rent boots, 'pons, ax, and helmet for like $35
    They once called me bkb0000...

And I'll loan all of the above for free

Quote Originally Posted by Ben B. View Post
    Hood's cheap.. just gas to get there, unless you gotta rent stuff.. and even then, OMC or Mountain shop will rent boots, 'pons, ax, and helmet for like $35
    Round trip tickets to PDX from here run around $1400 each. Not expensive..........but not "cheap". Certainly more than the cost of a tank of gas. I'll get there when I have both the time, and the money to do it without disrupting daily life. That's just not going to be this year.

Round trip tickets to PDX from here run around $1400 each. Not expensive..........but not "cheap". Certainly more than the cost of a tank of gas. I'll get there when I have both the time, and the money to do it without disrupting daily life. That's just not going to be this year.
    Ah- I thought you were local.

I meant to throw some gunz in the pic, for relevancy, but I forgot. Next time, I promise..

New split setup... just cut the skins today

Recently picked this up.

S&W Model 66.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List