Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The final version of the IDPA rule book posted.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Anybody gonna retake the SO test? I got an email from HQ the other day announcing when the test would be available.
    I took the test. It is not difficult, but fair warning I feel like it was more of a test of your reading comprehension than the SO knowledge. Read the questions very carefully. I did it in about 45 min and got 94/100. Of the six questions I missed at least three of them were due to word smithing not lack of knowing the rules.

New rules and increased SO liability?

I'm hearing some chatter that some SOs think the new rules may put the SO at greater potential personal liability should a serious injury or death occur during a match. Anyone have any opinions or info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    I'm hearing some chatter that some SOs think the new rules may put the SO at greater potential personal liability should a serious injury or death occur during a match. Anyone have any opinions or info on that?
    One of our local match directors has stated he won't let a shooter shoot unless they are classified in at least one of the major shooting sports (IDPA, USPSA, IPSC, ICORE, etc) or be able to produce a minimum of an NRA safety course certificate.

I'm pretty sure a MD could have been sued under the old rules anyway, but they way it's written into the book now puts a lot of unnecessary liability on them IMO.

I just took the SO test and scored 96% (95.7). The errors I made were me being impatient and not completely reading the question.

User Tag List