Thread: Anyone Know of Dillard "dirty J" Johnson and his book Carnivore??

Anyone Know of Dillard "dirty J" Johnson and his book Carnivore??

I'll leave this without comment for now:

The soldier whose new book — "Carnivore" — contains claims he has killed more than 2,700 people is getting eviscerated in the comments section of Amazon.
    Dillard Johnson, a former Army sergeant first class, made headlines recently when he said he racked up an incredible enemy body count during his three tours as a Bradley vehicle commander and one tour as a sniper in the early years of Iraq.

We contacted Army headquarters and got Johnson's records, and they check out. He definitely has four purple hearts and a silver star. Those medals are not just given out to anyone, so, that is hero-status for sure.

The biggest problem though seems to be his claim to kills, which come in at 500 more than what the official website of the unit claims to have gotten in total.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/dilla...rnivore-2013-6
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I saw him interviewed and got the clear impression that 2K+ kills was for his unit and he wrote that book with the motivation to focus on the team's battle damage which transcends any individuals. His personal number discussed around 120 and he said that included one of those tricked out M14's, his M4, M203 and perhaps one of the belt fed MGs but I'm hazy about that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I read the reviews on Amazon.

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I think this article did a good job with taking caution at dismissing the author until they read the book. They've interviewed him and will be offering details of that soon.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Backc...0eWq8.facebook

I'm in no rush to say he and they didn't. I've seen analysis that puts the total enemy KIA way north of 19K. FWIW.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

From another Soldier on FB discussing this comes this personal aside: "there are two guys out here that served under him, he was there TL back in 2003. He says he does have a lot of kills under his belt, however, a lot of what says cant be backed up, but a lot of it can. They say you just never could tell with him."

Same blog Al T linked to has another post up upon speaking with the author. http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=36429

User Tag List