Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10-8 .140 or .156 rear?

10-8 .140 or .156 rear?

I just picked up a glock 19 gen 4 and went to order some 10-8 sights for it, I'm getting the tritium front (.125) however I'm not sure on the rear. I was going to order the .156 but they are out of stock so I'm debating weather I should wait for the .156 or just order the .140 now. Who has experience with both? Thoughts?

I just picked up a .156 from Dillon Precision. They had them in stock. I'm going to run the .156 with the .125 tritium as well. I do own the .140 too so I am going to try them both to see which I prefer. I will hopefully try it this weekend.

I just ordered one from dillon, it didn't say though if it was in stock.

I've used .150 and .140 rear notches a lot with .125 front sights and prefer the .140 rear notch for all purposes. Individual preferences vary widely in these matters.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Individual preferences vary widely in these matters.
    Indeed.

I have some experience going back and forth between a .140 and a .156 rear (Both Heinies with a .125 front) and I have to say that for general use, I much prefer the wider set. Short of pure marksmanship work, I don't see much of an advantage to the .140 and I find the wider rear quite a bit faster to pick up.

t

imho/fwiw:

If I was purchasing a 10-8 Sight Set for a G26, G19: I'd run a .156 Rear / .125 Front . . .G17 I could do with either rear. . . . Might go .140 Rear/.125 Front on a G34

* On all my Glocks I run Warren Tactical Sights Rear Carry Sight with Dawson Precision FS: .150 Rear with .125 Front

Have a Govt/FS 1911 with a 10-8 Rear .140 & .125 Bead Front . . . . Like it Accuracy Wise, but The Sight Picture on the Glocks "seem/feel" quicker/faster.

As mentioned: "To each their own" Really Personal Preference.

On my 19 I liked the .156

I think there are two dynamics involved; your subjective preferences and your visual acuity. While you give up nothing with a sight picture that provides for more “equal light”, it may be an absolute necessity if you have less than perfect vision.

When I still had good vision I could shoot iron sights of just about any dimension, but these days “more light” equals more, better and faster hits.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Thanks for the replies, I ended up going with the .156, Dillon Precision had some in stock. Hopefully they ship it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I ended up going with the .156, Dillon Precision had some in stock. Hopefully they ship it soon.
    They shipped very quickly last week, I got mine within 3 days of ordering.

User Tag List