Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The no look re-holster.....aka Murphy

Honestly, I am unsurprised this happened. When they emerge from winter hibernation, bears normally are slow-witted and incapable of fine motor skills.

GJM can back me up on that, I am sure.

Double post

So, did he get DQ'd?

So much wrong with that video. I want to like that he is willing to put it out there to let people learn from his painful and embarrassing experience, but then he ruins it at the same time by insisting he did nothing wrong. Not saying it was impossible that the gun discharged due to a malfunction, but let's be real. Even on bubba'd up pistols, how often do they just go off without someone or something putting pressure on the trigger. I'm pretty sure that while it is a nonzero number it's only just barely nonzero.

On the other hand, guns that got noisy because somebody pressed the trigger when they did not mean to, that is a huge number in comparison.

I didn't watch the whole video, but did he break the 180 waving the gun around after he shot him self?

The sad thing is that the guy doesn't come across like he thinks he's a Delta SEAL operator, but is just utterly convinced he didn't do anything wrong. It's almost scarier in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Where do you guys find these douchebags?

@ 6:01 "I'm not going to be doing any shooting videos for a while but I will be doing one on tumbling"

I assume he's talking about brass and we're not gonna' see this manatee on some parallel bars?
    But think of how many more mags that guy can carry on his belt than you can. For that matter there's probably enough room to carry at least 2 of you on there.

Even if the gun went off all by itself with no manipulation of the trigger on his part... he still muzzled himself.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Even if the gun went off all by itself with no manipulation of the trigger on his part... he still muzzled himself.
    I'm of the opinion that nearly everyone muzzles themselves when holstering, including notable instructors and shooters on this forum who have videos up (it's actually quite easy to see). Our bodies aren't shaped like squares with straight edges......unless one is insanely peculiar in holstering their weapon, you're going to muzzle yourself.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm of the opinion that nearly everyone muzzles themselves when holstering
    It's even in the USPSA handbook as an exception to the sweeping rule:

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010Handg...sProof3web.pdf
    10.5.5.1 Exception – A match disqualification is not applicable for
    sweeping of the lower extremities (below the belt) while draw-
    ing or re-holstering of the handgun ...

Five days earlier

Published on Jun 1, 2013 by BigDawgBeav

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllEZYOP194>

That explains a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm of the opinion that nearly everyone muzzles themselves when holstering, including notable instructors and shooters on this forum who have videos up (it's actually quite easy to see). Our bodies aren't shaped like squares with straight edges......unless one is insanely peculiar in holstering their weapon, you're going to muzzle yourself.
    TGS, if I am one of them, please grab a still and post a pic, or PM me or something. I will say exactly two words to you: "Thank you" because you would be doing me a service to point it out.

One of the aspects I most love about the Keeper is that with big-ass pads on it, I don't muzzle myself during reholstering in a standing position.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List