Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The no look re-holster.....aka Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    It was a Glock 19 that her boyfriend had done a trigger job and a stipple job on.
    Well there's your problem.

Since this was her first match I was watching her like a hawk and she was going slow on the unload and show clear.
    Her trigger finger was well up on the slide and nothing touched the trigger as she went to release the magazine.
    As soon as she pressed on the mag release the pistol went off...
    Jesus H, talk about suboptimal trigger job...

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I think there was a combination of factors at play.
    It was a Glock 19 that her boyfriend had done a trigger job and a stipple job on.
    From my quick dry fire to clear the weapon (she didn't want to even touch it after the AD) the trigger was stupidly light for a Glock.
    The stippling was also very, very deep.
    I think that the trigger job had unintentionally bypassed the striker block and over polished the sear engagement.
    Combine that with a bad stipple job that had weakened the frame allowing a lot of flex and I can see how an indexed trigger finger resisting against the thumb pushing on the mag release could flex the frame at the trigger bar area enough to trip a over polished sear. With no striker plunger to stop it she ended up with a AD.
    I honestly didn't even know this was possible.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

She was having fun and shooting well through three stages, I think we had a new competitor in the making.
    Now I bet she never comes back.
    Hope you explained in detail what you think happened and why so she gives a non-fucked gun a try.

I understand the DQ and would do the same (rules are clear) but would do all I could to get her to come back up to offering free entry and a loaner gun next time.

That is goofy. Did she not have to change mags at all during any of the stages she completed?

I'm not a huge fan of the long take up on the Glock, but fully understand why it's there. I've kitchen table gunsmithed my Glock's, but the one thing I stay away from is messing with the take up. That safety thing is pretty important IMO.

Hope she recovers and sticks with it; albeit with a functional gun.

User Tag List