Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The no look re-holster.....aka Murphy

I love that he spends the first 17 minutes disproving theories that it was something other than his finger hitting the trigger.
    Then spends the final couple minutes showing that it most likely was his finger pulling the trigger.
    "But, that's not what happened!" Oh, okay.

It took 20 minutes of BSing for him to come to the conclusion that "I don't know what happened. It's a mystery." We get it. You did something stupid. Move on.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I stopped listening when he decided to school me on the concept of legal negligence.
    In a nutshell, he took "full responsibility" for something that he said didn't happen.

There is an IDPA match this weekend, I'll have to keep an eye out for the red grip tape and limp

When this first garnered attention, I suggested to someone who is acquainted with Jeremy that if he has any friends that care about him that they give him a Gibbs slap. I just penned another with the addendum "Harder!"
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    They just need to touch that trigger to make sure its there. Most are not aware of it. Many trainers fail to look hard for this activity. We do. It is why instructor to student ratios are often a critical part of training. One instructor inducing stress and handing out directions, and a co-instructor, RSO, or AI watching specifically for this. We are ALL guilty of this no matter how many times we have seen Blackhawk Down and just mumble "this is my safety" with our trigger fingers. Its why Rules 1 and 4 are a mindset and observation thing, while 2&3 are so important operationally and why they are equally important.
    Here is a good article about these issues with links to more information.

http://oldgunhand.com/?p=1361

There have been many studies which show that for various reasons, people place their fingers on the triggers of their gun when they did not intend to or even know that they were doing so even after more training than any of us have had. I present just a few of the many examples that show that despite training and the perfect brain some think we have, guns go off unintentionally and therefore our brains are not good safeties.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Redneck View Post
    The latest installment of as the beav blathers
    It's just too sad now; watching the mental gymnastics. I had to keep skipping through chunks at a time. Still got all the points he was trying to make. Like I said: sad.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

The Beav is back on the horse!

Local IDPA match this past Sunday. I didn't see him shoot or walk, but he appeared to be in good spirits. Silly "explanations" aside, it's good to see the mysterious ballistic event hasn't knocked him out of the game.

He finished 5th out of 7 shooters in CDP- Marksman.

Apparently, he's set that video to private. Too bad -- I was curious how he's doing and how his thoughts have evolved on this. Hearing what you guys say he's saying isn't the same thing as hearing him say it.

pax
    Kathy Jackson

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Interesting this thread popped up from the grave because last month I had my first ever true "Accidental Discharge" as a RO.
    A young lady was unloading to show clear and a round went off downrange through the barricade she was standing in front of.
    Her first match ever and I had to DQ her.
    Since this was her first match I was watching her like a hawk and she was going slow on the unload and show clear.
    Her trigger finger was well up on the slide and nothing touched the trigger as she went to release the magazine.
    As soon as she pressed on the mag release the pistol went off.
    I think there was a combination of factors at play.
    It was a Glock 19 that her boyfriend had done a trigger job and a stipple job on.
    From my quick dry fire to clear the weapon (she didn't want to even touch it after the AD) the trigger was stupidly light for a Glock.
    The stippling was also very, very deep.
    I think that the trigger job had unintentionally bypassed the striker block and over polished the sear engagement.
    Combine that with a bad stipple job that had weakened the frame allowing a lot of flex and I can see how an indexed trigger finger resisting against the thumb pushing on the mag release could flex the frame at the trigger bar area enough to trip a over polished sear. With no striker plunger to stop it she ended up with a AD.

Kitchen table gunsmiths should be tarred and feathered.
    Brand new shooters need a safe gun, not a race gun.

She was having fun and shooting well through three stages, I think we had a new competitor in the making.
    Now I bet she never comes back.
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-05-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List