Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding a SIRT to my toolbox

Adding a SIRT to my toolbox

So what is the general consensus among Instructors? Is it worth the money to incorporate a SIRT into training toolbox or not?

Also, along those same lines I have seen a training simulator that projects on the screen, allows you to create your own scenarios (looks kind of cheesy....) for about $2500. Thoughts?

Just trying to find viable training options for students to give quality training but lower their capital outlay due to tight ammo supplies.

Thanks
    Last edited by SafeHomeFT; 06-18-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'm not an instructor but i've seen a benefit to using my SIRT. I would buy it again. I dry fire a lot more since I got it.

Not an instructor either but with the shooters I have helped I have supplemented live fire with the SIRT and based on my "curriculum" have saved each person about 500 rounds in a few hours a pop. I have also noted that each shooter had their live fire times improve with SIRT work. In many cases it replaces live fire.

I can't say that if I were an instructor that I would buy 10 of them but they would be well used.

I think $2500 would be better spend on SIRT's vs the other option as SIRT's are portable and can be used for more than just that.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

On top of what most people use the SIRTs for I have added them to my OC classes for use during the practical exposure part of the training. Lots safer than using Sims or airsoft.

I was skeptical until my oldest son visited on leave last Christmas. While I put 8-10K rounds out last year; he got about 600 through a pistol. But he worked relentlessly with the SIRT. At home; on staff duty; snap snap snap.

At 50 yards slowfire with a G19 he shot 5" groups of 5 to my 12" with a 17. He beat me in the VTAC 1-5 by almost 2 seconds. And we were near parity when he'd left the year prior. Convinced me.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Who has the best pricing on these SIRT units for individual and/or GOV purchasing?

Best pricing I've seen and I've bought from here

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Search...Sirt&Submit=Go

The Modern Service Weapons site has a discount code posted, 10% off I think.

There are always a few codes, I got mine with 25% off.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Convinced!

Thanks to all who commented. I am convinced as soon as funds allow it will be added to the training toolbox!

Thanks
    Chuck S
    SafeHome Firearms Training, LLC
    NRA Certified Instructor
    www.safehomefirearmstraining.com

User Tag List