Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XDs9

Site Supporter

XDs9

Anyone have hand's on with one yet? VolGrad buy one yet? Just looking for opion's on it as a back up pocket gun.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    VolGrad buy one yet?
    Awesome.

I just checked the F/S/T section and it appears that he does not have one yet.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I can't speak for the 9mm, but I love my XDs45! I found the checkering to be a little to aggressive on the frontstrap, so I sanded it down some. Have 500+ rounds through it now, with no hiccups.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I just checked the F/S/T section and it appears that he does not have one yet.
    Lol nice.

For those interested, they are the EXACT same size as the .45, just in 9. FWIW they handle better in my hand than the Shield. I've not shot the XDs yet though.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    I can't speak for the 9mm, but I love my XDs45! I found the checkering to be a little to aggressive on the frontstrap, so I sanded it down some. Have 500+ rounds through it now, with no hiccups.
    +1. I added a set of the rubber Talon grips to mine and it feels much better. Easily the best trigger of any small pistol I've tried. Great rolling break. The XDs fits MY hand better than the shield I had. That being said, mine is on the way back to Springfield for a faulty slide stop. Apparently this was an issue with some of the early ones.

At some point I will replace it with one in 9mm simply for the increased capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    For those interested, they are the EXACT same size as the .45, just in 9.
    Except it weighs 1.5 ounces more because they simply thickened the barrel to reduce the bore and keep the same frame.

The XDS45 was a home run. Finally a legit competitor to the Kahr PM45.

The XDS9 is probably a fine gun. And those with the 45 will like that it's on the same platform.

But a 23 ounce (unloaded) single stack 9mm which is 6.3" long with a 3.3" barrel is not exactly earth shattering given the market in which it competes.

At that size and weight, there are nice double stack 9s available (HK P2000SK, etc), several with longer barrels (M&P 9c, etc). And if you really wanted a single stack for concealability, then there are smaller, lighter offerings (M&P Shield etc), several with longer barrels (Kahr P9, etc).

Site Supporter
    After giving it more thought I have a Shield 9 and 3 extra mags that should be here sometime next week.

I feel dirty saying this, but I genuinely liked the XDs 45.

That being said, I cannot think of a reason to carry one of those instead of a Shield or a Walther PPS.

User Tag List