Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Improvements

Glock Improvements

I have been shooting a G19 for about the last 3 yrs. The only thing I have done is put some Warren Tactical sights and a 3.5ib connector. My question is, are there any other improvements I can make without affecting the reliability of the Glock? For instance, drop in triggers, trigger springs, after market barrels, strikers, etc.
    Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are just targets. Nine are real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one. One is a warrior, and he will bring back the others.

What are you trying to achieve?

Any internal mods have the potential to affect reliability.

Site Supporter
    My Glocks are setup similarly, my only suggestion is quality instruction and ammo.

I recently has an extended slide stop go bad on during a match. I will be switching back to standard releases.

I change the sights on mine, and usually switch grooved triggers for smooth faced triggers. I'm not big on the minus connects, and I only have one in a kit on a competition pistol.

Is your Glock 19 falling short in the realm of accuracy or reliability right now? If not, I'd avoid the temptation to transform your utilitarian pistol into a polymer Barbie doll with "upgrades" that could compromise it's overall reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmilitary006 View Post
    I have been shooting a G19 for about the last 3 yrs. The only thing I have done is put some Warren Tactical sights and a 3.5ib connector. My question is, are there any other improvements I can make without affecting the reliability of the Glock? For instance, drop in triggers, trigger springs, after market barrels, strikers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmilitary006 View Post
    Vickers mag release and slide release. An NY1 spring if you can handle the stiffer trigger. That's it. Take some classes, rinse repeat.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Vickers mag release .
    +1 I never bothered with these until the Gen 4's (and 2400 rds with an M&P) last year spoiled me. The Vickers unit is worthwhile.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks everyone. I forgot to add I was also running a Vickers slide stop and extended mag release. I appreciate all the input, just wanted to see if I could achieve better accuracy with upgrades. Its not that my G19 is not accurate, but its not a 1911.
    Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are just targets. Nine are real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one. One is a warrior, and he will bring back the others.

I see the 3.5 lb connector advocated quite often.

Are you guys a fan of this because of the rolling break or the fact that it lightens the trigger ever so slightly?

Ive tried all variations in my G19 and i cannot seem to settle on anything that i find acceptable.

I think this is mostly because the 3.5 connectors leave alot of over travel in the system and the stock 5.0lb connectors result in a 6.0+ pound trigger. Ive spent the past three years running 4.5 pound triggers in my M&P's and i find that pull weight to be ideal for me.

I simply cannot find an adequate combo of parts for my Glocks without sacrificing durability. Anyone got any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I see the 3.5 lb connector advocated quite often.

Are you guys a fan of this because of the rolling break or the fact that it lightens the trigger ever so slightly?

Ive tried all variations in my G19 and i cannot seem to settle on anything that i find acceptable.

I think this is mostly because the 3.5 connectors leave alot of over travel in the system and the stock 5.0lb connectors result in a 6.0+ pound trigger. Ive spent the past three years running 4.5 pound triggers in my M&P's and i find that pull weight to be ideal for me.

I simply cannot find an adequate combo of parts for my Glocks without sacrificing durability. Anyone got any suggestions?

Have you tried the minus connector with the NY1 spring?

User Tag List