Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good New Music

Good New Music

I'm a child of the late '80's/early '90's and my taste in music was affected by that - Primus, metal and grunge were my mainstays. Not much new music floats my boat, although I've branched out in my tastes to earlier 60's and 70's rock and even a bit of outlaw country.

BUT, over the last 10 years I've become a huge Queens of the Stone Age fan. Their new album is just outstanding.

Any new, good music (from whatever category) that you've picked up recently?

I always group Queens of the Stoneage with The Darkness, good stuff. Halestorm is good too.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Iced Earth, Kamelot, Gamma Ray, Sabaton, Lordi, Alestorm, and Stratovarius' new stuff are my top picks. Also recommend Ensiferum, Therion, Wintersun, and Turisas.

Yeah, I'm pretty big into power metal right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    Iced Earth, Kamelot, Gamma Ray, Sabaton, Lordi, Alestorm, and Stratovarius' new stuff are my top picks. Also recommend Ensiferum, Therion, Wintersun, and Turisas.

Yeah, I'm pretty big into power metal right now.
    Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!

Can't wait for new Iced Earth this year. About this time last year I spent 3 hours talking with Troy Seele about all kinds of music and what not. Was pretty cool.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The Cave Singers - No Witch is a really good album to me.
    Its not new at all, but somehow slipped my radar when it came out.
    It would be a much slower tempo than the above mentioned though...

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!

Can't wait for new Iced Earth this year. About this time last year I spent 3 hours talking with Troy Seele about all kinds of music and what not. Was pretty cool.
    Nice. I've been hearing rumors that they're continuing the Sentian story from Something Wicked. Any truth to that or is it just wishful thinking from the fans?
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Couple of years ago I got into Mastodon in a big way but they've fallen off my favorites list.

One group I'm getting into is The Sword - big ol' riffs, completely the kind of band people paint their vans for. Retro and fun.

And if I can dip over to metalcore for a moment, All That Remains is on my list as well. Mike Martin and Oli Herbert have a chemistry that reminds me of Downing and Tipton and their lead singer Philip Labonte is a straight-up boss (and very pro-gun to boot).

ETA: Accept's newest albums Teutonic Terror and Stalingrad are just plain amazing. As in "glory days of Metal Heart" kitten-kickery. Not to mention Udo Dirkschneider's solo project U.D.O. has been doing great things as well.

I'd say 65daysofstatic is the band I like the most that I picked up in the last 12ish months.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WneDU-K3Sww

The Album Leaf really grew on me recently, too. The following video is also pretty f***ing good; beautiful perspective of Afghanistan by a vet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ra7kmLNLg

Also stumbled upon This Will Destroy You, though I prefer their earlier albums rather than their later, more drone rock stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPRxDfMIcsw

And though I've been listening to them for a couple of years now, here's a shameless plug for my fellow Texans, Explosions in the Sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFK5bnceOG4

Attachment 1570

Just so you know.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List