Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Archer

To be perfectly frank, I enjoyed Danger Island more than I’ve enjoyed any season of Archer since probably season three or four. I struggled with Vice because I really wanted to like it, and I actually enjoyed season 7, the one that ends with Archer getting shot in the back and catapults us into Dreamland and Danger Island.

Dreamland was okay, but Danger Island was really great. I pretty much loved everything about it, and it felt like the writers really sort of hit their stride with that series.

I enjoyed the attention to detail in Danger Island. I liked that Archer was flying
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    a recognizable Polikarpov 15 in the Spanish Republican Air Force, even though in the time frame it would probably have been a 16. (I have to admit: It gave me a Geek Moment when I remembered "Polikarpov". I have no idea why I knew that...) I liked that the Condor Legion was obviously flying early BF109s -- and that Archer referred to them as BF 109s, not MEs.

OTOH, the dream anachronisms were cool, too. "Marine Sturm Truppen" I think not -- except in a dream fantasy. *
    Cyril/Fuchs' mecha thing had MG42s, which were probably not even on the drawing board. The discussion of The Hobbit
    had us LOL'ing.

*(
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    The Kriegsmarine did form "Marine Stosstruppen", attack troops, in 1939
    . But comatose dream-Archer wouldn't know, or care...)
    Last edited by Drang; 06-15-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Edit becasue a URL Link inside "Spoiler" tags gets all funky and non-spoiiler-ish
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Archer 1999

How did no one post that this was imminent?!

Edit to add:
    Elements of Star Wars, Cattlecar Galaxative, Firefly, Alien...
    Last edited by Drang; 05-30-2019 at 01:16 AM.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Something about this week's episode got me wondering if the whole series, starting with S1E1, has been a St. Elsewhere-esque dream. And if so, who the cast will turn out to be. Is Mallory the crotchety head nurse? Cyril the brother? Ray the macho he-man cop father?
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Something about this week's episode got me wondering if the whole series, starting with S1E1, has been a St. Elsewhere-esque dream. And if so, who the cast will turn out to be. Is Mallory the crotchety head nurse? Cyril the brother? Ray the macho he-man cop father?
    Guess not: Archer Renewed for Season 11
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Somehow, I've missed this entire season. I caught the first episode, but nothing after. I'll see if I can find it on Netflix or in reruns.

It has special charms for the life-long science fiction fan. (Especially SF media, i.e., TV, movies.)

"Small 's', small 's'." Heh.
    Glenn Reynolds

I'd given up on Archer after the mediocre seasons 5 and 6, but Danger Island and 1999 pulled me back in. Seen a bit of the new post-coma stuff as well and it has its charms

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

I just know that it would be nice if they could actually do a real season! What's with this 8 episodes and wait another year crap?

User Tag List