Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: Archer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    This latest season of Archer really isn't doing it for me. Am I alone?
    No. Then again, I started losing interest after they moved away from the "secret agent" theme. I didn't get all the way through last season and took this season off my DVR schedule within 1.5 episodes.

Chris

Nope. Lost its mojo.

Site Supporter
    I'm loving it so far. And thanks to Drang for the reminder, 'cause I'd forgotten it was started.

So far I'm liking it better than I did last season, but last season was pretty bad IMO.... I do miss the earlier seasons tho

I, too, am enjoying Archer: Danger Island more than I did Archer: Noir. And wish they had never gone away from being an espionage agency, BUT it might actually have been time for the show to change. Did it jump the shark? Or did it buy time and defer the shark jump?

I think last year I might have answered "yes." This year I want to see what happens next.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

The wife is also enjoying Danger Island more than Noir; in fact, she says she may be enjoying it more than any previous season.

I work Wednesday nights, so she records it for me and we watch it together Thursday night. This Thursday, they ran the latest episode, then last week's and then they ran The Placebo Effect, which (I believe) introduced RAMPAAAAGE! into the P-F.com lexicon.

#FuckCancer . In the ass, with an M61 Fragmentation grenade.

During the preview of next weeks show, they said that next Wednesday will be the 100th episode of Archer.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Sooo...
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    Next season is SF, but what source? Seems like I should recognize it...

EDIT: Alien?
    Silent Running?

A mashup?
    Last edited by Drang; 06-13-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Thank you for using the spoiler tag that I added 7 or so years ago. I think you’re the first person to ever use it.
    I saw it in the list when I went to double-check how to use the Tweet tag you created because I asked how to embed a Tweet. Seemed like the right thing to do...

(Geeky aspie detail: I bookmarked the BB Code List for pistol-forum.com and saved it to the "Guns" folder in my Bookmarks Toolbar...)
    Last edited by Drang; 06-14-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Fucking Amazon hasn't released the episode yet. Argh! I don't have cable so I bought the season and of course the last episode is delayed. Very unsatisfying.

Here is an interview with creator, director, writer and executive producer Adam Reed where he talks about this season and next season.
    Adam Reed talks leaving Archer, going to Applebees, and firing his characters into space

User Tag List