Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $10-50 is the going rate for your privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ...but Facebook doesn't have state-issued uniforms, arrest powers, and weapons. Facebook doesn't, as a matter of course, have the legitimate ability to stop and detain people.

Yeah, it was voluntary...but when was the last time you saw a voluntary road block? When you're driving down the road and you see a checkpoint do you say "Well, this is optional." in your mind? Or do you slow down and get your license and registration ready?

People upset about the cops conducting a road block to ask people for DNA samples are right on the money.

There are things that police officers in uniform (conveying the authority granted to them by the state) simply should not do. We're not talking about a knock-and-talk in the course of investigating a crime, or even urging kids to stay off of drugs in a school assembly. Armed agents of the government stopping people and asking for their DNA is well into the realm of things that just shouldn't happen.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Yes. I will permit no attempts to examine anything resembling nuance on this issue.

Any attempt to do so will result in my putting people's heads in a lathe and seeing if it's possible to turn it into a perfect cube. CUBE THEIR HEADS! **

**Note: This is humor. Humor stolen from Jeremy Clarkson..which begs the question of whether or not it's humor in the first place, I know, but just go with me on this.

Further note - these discussions always go smoother over some chips and salsa at Chili's.
    This thread could've been wrapped up much faster if you had only mentioned Clarkson earlier

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I voluntarily provided peripheral blood samples to Mayo Clinic as part of a study. I think I preferred the pretty blond woman with the endearing MN accent who offered me a monogrammed blanket and T shirt for my time.

User Tag List