Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Apex/ Barsto barrel M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by hrt4me View Post
    did the Apex SDI barrel nonetheless improve the accuracy of your M&P pistol?
    I'm going tomorrow to test it out, haven't had an opportunity yet

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Thanks!
    well, unfortunately I noticed today my 5" M&P Pro slide is cracked, so I will have to deal with S&W for replacement before I can eventually fit the Apex Gunsmith barrel...

Site Supporter
    I saw a "semi-fit" version of the APEX barrel at the local IDPA match Sunday in a M&P PRO 5 inch. Buddy of mine had just fit it. Honestly, I never saw him have any issues with accuracy with the M&P before. I am waiting for him to give a report on shooting for groups soon.

So any reports yet from anyone using the semi-drop in barrel? Have not been able to do a solid test but at first rough blush seems like the 25 yard groups from my Pro Series have shrunk by approximately half. A problem has come up with failures to feed now after only about 100 rounds. The round will hang on the feed ramp. Seems to happen with primarily hollowpoints. Thinking may need stronger rsa. Did not have this problem previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Range1 View Post
    So any reports yet from anyone using the semi-drop in barrel? Have not been able to do a solid test but at first rough blush seems like the 25 yard groups from my Pro Series have shrunk by approximately half. A problem has come up with failures to feed now after only about 100 rounds. The round will hang on the feed ramp. Seems to happen with primarily hollowpoints. Thinking may need stronger rsa. Did not have this problem previously.
    Is this a five inch? I may have missed it earlier but what were your groups before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

No it is a 4.25 inch. Did not keep measurements as I said just really quick and dirty comparison. Was just interested if anybody had been able to do a good test yet.

Apex/ Barsto barrel M&P 9mm

Gotcha. I have a 5" pro that I haven't spent much time with yet. 150 rounds just to check if it works. Also nothing scientific on groups but it seemed passible.

FWIW it did not like my Freedom rounds with the Xtreme hollow points. Rounds would stick on the feed ramp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MGW; 01-26-2016 at 11:45 AM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

any updated test results?

just got my Apex gunsmith-fit barrel, will try to take my time to fit and install it tomorrow...

Here’s a Apex semi-drop in on a 2.0 compact. This is standing in the off hand at a 6x6 inch head box at 28 yards. I was using 124 gr NATO ammo. Very good accuracy from a practical standpoint.

User Tag List