Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex/ Barsto barrel M&P 9mm

Apex/ Barsto barrel M&P 9mm

Does anyone know what has happened to the Apex/ Barsto barrel for the M&P 9mm?
    There has not been one post since 3/2012.

?????????
    Last edited by jmi786; 06-02-2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: noen

Quote Originally Posted by jmi786 View Post
    Does anyone know what has happened to the Apex/ Barsto barrel for the M&P 9mm?
    There has not been one post since 3/2012.

?????????
    I gave up waiting on them and bought a KKM Precision barrel. Works great and I'm sure it was cheaper.

You're not going to find the information you are looking for on here since Randy Lee rarely posts, you'll find more up to date info on M4C in the Apex Tactical Specialties section. I'm not up to date anymore as I have not participated in any testing for them since last summer and I'm not in the loop anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I gave up waiting on them and bought a KKM Precision barrel. Works great and I'm sure it was cheaper.
    I don't see M&P barrel options on KKM website. Is it something one needs to call them for?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't see M&P barrel options on KKM website. Is it something one needs to call them for?
    WOW! I just looked myself. I'd call to find out what's up. I bought mine directly from them.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    WOW! I just looked myself. I'd call to find out what's up. I bought mine directly from them.
    SSS actually discontinued the KKM barrels about the time that Apex announced that they were nearing production of the Bar-sto barrels (I had a backorder on the KKM).

But anyways from what I heard the batch that was anticipated had some production issues that have prevented the barrels from being produced in the announced production window. And Apex is waiting for their production run.

It has been a long journey, but it looks like they are almost done. Myself I hope they get mine delivered by November, that is my drop dead date for equipment changes before the 2014 Bianchi Cup. After that I am moving forward with my XDM for another year (though I am having the barrel refitted this summer).

Just received this email response from KKM about the M&P barrels:

"Your in luck, they are in stock but not on our new website yet. Please give us a call to place the order."

Got an e-mail from Bar-Sto last week. Been on a waiting list for over a year now... Bar-Sto stated...
    "We are beginning the production of the M&P Bar_sto barrels and your name was on our waiting list. Are you still interested in purchasing this barrel. I replied "YES".
    Has anyone else seen this e-mail?
    May have a KKM up for sale when the Bar-Sto arrives. The KKM is great but I have Bar-Sto in all of my other pistols.

Site Supporter
    I'm supposed to be on the same list and haven't received an email. Here's hoping!

Did they mention a price?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List