Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Apex/ Barsto barrel M&P 9mm

Here is another vid review of the M&P Apex Tactical barrel, his is the gunsmith fit barrel, which is the only one I would get if I decided to get one. IMHO, a properly fitted Apex barrel is probably the most accurate barrel you can put in your M&P pistol at any price. My two stock M&P 2.0 compacts shoot equal to my two stock Gen 5 G19's which is plenty accurate for me, but if I desired even better accuracy, I would get the Apex gunsmith fit barrel. The Apex barrels chambers are also within the sammi spec dimensions so you should not sacrifice any reliability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWc5Ghx_1gI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKz9QarKa80

I learned that Apex Tactical does not fit barrels anymore. Before I buy a barrel, can someone recommend a reputable gunsmith who could do an install?

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I learned that Apex Tactical does not fit barrels anymore. Before I buy a barrel, can someone recommend a reputable gunsmith who could do an install?
    I have a M&P at ATEI right now being fit with an Apex barrel along with an RMR. They also offer the Gunsmith fit barrels which are not available to the general public anymore, the semi-fit barrels are all that’s available through online vendors.

Thanks for the lead! Was not thinking of a red dot but if I have to send the gun anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Thanks for the lead! Was not thinking of a red dot but if I have to send the gun anyway ...
    They also do an amazing trigger job on the M&P apparently, I should find out as soon as mine is back from nitride.

I have a Gen 1 M&P that Apex fitted the barrel and installed all of their parts, it is a way better shooter than I am. The only issue I have with it is that it won't shoot reloads reliably. I just shoot factory ammo through it and it is awesome.

I should get the slide cut for a red dot.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcf1981 View Post
    I have a M&P at ATEI right now being fit with an Apex barrel along with an RMR. They also offer the Gunsmith fit barrels which are not available to the general public anymore, the semi-fit barrels are all that’s available through online vendors.
    Good info, I was wondering what happened to the Gunsmith fit versions. I noticed there's a 4.25" and 5" version on ATEI's site. What happened to the 4" for the 2.0 compact?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Good info, I was wondering what happened to the Gunsmith fit versions. I noticed there's a 4.25" and 5" version on ATEI's site. What happened to the 4" for the 2.0 compact?
    I emailed APEX a few months back inquiring about the Gunsmith fit barrels and was told they were discontinued for public sale and replaced with the semi-fit barrels, but they were considering making another run. ATEI told me that they are special order for them due to machining required to fit. I would contact APEX and ATEI to see if they have one.
    ETA: There is one on gunbroker, not mine. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902549822
    Last edited by dcf1981; 06-23-2021 at 04:38 PM.

My duty pistol (4.25") has a gunsmith fit bbl in it; my off-duty 4" has a semi drop-in bbl. Randy fit both of them for me last fall. I'm very pleased with them - So were the guys who were shooting & convinced me to go that route.

User Tag List