Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex/ Barsto barrel M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Are you looking to do Glock barrels as well Randy?
    Yes. Sometime mid to late 2016 we will start development.
    But that is a different story as they say...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Yes. Sometime mid to late 2016 we will start development.
    But that is a different story as they say...
    If you need another tester LMK

Hi Randy,

Could you do me a favor? Would you test the 5" Pro SDI barrel with American Eagle 147 grain fmj flat point ammunition to see what group sizes you get?
    I have 7000 rounds of it and don't want to sell/trade, if I don't have to. I am presently getting 3-5" benchrest groups with it at 25 yards, which is the best I've been able to obtain, after testing literally dozens of brands and bullet weights. Even CCI Lawman 147 grain fmj has wider groups than the AE.
    If I can achieve 2-3" with your SDI barrel, I've be ecstatic. When I shoot IDPA and just miss the perforation and I'm an extra point down, I can't help but wonder if a better barrel would have made the difference.
    Thanks,
    Al Simon

Quote Originally Posted by agksimon View Post
    Hi Randy,

Could you do me a favor? Would you test the 5" Pro SDI barrel with American Eagle 147 grain fmj flat point ammunition to see what group sizes you get?
    I have 7000 rounds of it and don't want to sell/trade, if I don't have to. I am presently getting 3-5" benchrest groups with it at 25 yards, which is the best I've been able to obtain, after testing literally dozens of brands and bullet weights. Even CCI Lawman 147 grain fmj has wider groups than the AE.
    If I can achieve 2-3" with your SDI barrel, I've be ecstatic. When I shoot IDPA and just miss the perforation and I'm an extra point down, I can't help but wonder if a better barrel would have made the difference.
    Thanks,
    Al Simon
    I'll try it on my next outing.

Any testing been done with lead bullets? In particular 147gr lead flat point sized at .356" (SNS Casting). I shoot a lot of USPSA and 3 Gun and have been on the 2011 fence, but if I can get my 9L shooting sub MOA groups at 50 yards I'll spend that other $3,000 on more ammo, entry fees, and travel costs.

Quote Originally Posted by KagA152 View Post
    Any testing been done with lead bullets? In particular 147gr lead flat point sized at .356" (SNS Casting). I shoot a lot of USPSA and 3 Gun and have been on the 2011 fence, but if I can get my 9L shooting sub MOA groups at 50 yards I'll spend that other $3,000 on more ammo, entry fees, and travel costs.
    Do the 147s have adequate speed to group acceptably (<=2") at 50 yards?

We have not done any testing with lead bullets as the majority of shooters are using commercially manufactured ammunition. That being said, I see no reason why you could not get similar results using carefully developed hand loads.

Using PPU/PRVI 147 gr JHP ammunition, we have been getting 2" or less at 50 yards. I saw similar results using 147 gr Zero bullets and Hornady 147 XTPs in handloads.

Sweet! You have any teaser videos you can post up? Shooting or installing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Sweet! You have any teaser videos you can post up? Shooting or installing?
    We are working on both at the moment. :-)

User Tag List