Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex/ Barsto barrel M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Are you using bullets of different weights and still getting the same results?

Are the barrels fitted?
    The target was shot by a gun with a fitted barrel. Shooting 147 gr PRVI ammunition yields 1" groups at the same distance.
    Good quality hand loaded 147 gr Zero jhps shot at 50 yards yielded several sub 1" groups ( Different guns were used for those tests).

Randy, are you accepting guns for barrel fitting at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by USA View Post
    I have several M&Ps and would be interested in the barrels depending on price. To give you an idea, I think Bar-Sto's prices are too high. To get a barrel fitted by Bar-Sto buys you another gun. I might as well buy a different gun at that point.
    That's kind of where I ended up with my M&P FS9. I just bought a VP9. The M&P sits on the nightstand with HPs until I get around to trading/selling it.

I hope you guys are starting to install these barrels soon. Put me down for at least two.

If it wasn't for Apex, the M&P wouldn't have the presence it does. Kind of frustrating to buy a pistol then drop more money for a decent trigger and barrel. Yes, the pistol will work right out of the box but there is a lot of performance left on the table. Shame on S&W.

We are about 3 weeks out from accepting guns for fitting. As soon as I know that all our fixtures are ready, and our customer service staff are up to speed I will post an update.

A few years ago, James Debney came to our booth at the NRA Annual Meeting and asked why our parts weren't in their guns. It is unfortunate that Smith did not listen to him then. With the new Modular Service Pistol trials looming, our barrels would have easily met the accuracy criteria of 4" at 50 meters.

I hope you have a good supply of barrels. You are going to get slammed.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I hope you have a good supply of barrels. You are going to get slammed.
    We are ramping up to make sure that we have enough on hand at release.

What kind of prices parts and labor (with fitting)?

And this will take care of the ones with crazy accuracy issues?

On the Barsto site, the barrels start at $240 and go up to $330 with all the options.

I have a few Barsto barrels on custom 1911's and I like them a lot.
    Last edited by DamonL; 08-11-2015 at 10:54 PM.

User Tag List