Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KSTG at NRA 28 May 2013

We are diminished
    (duplicate from my blog post)

Here are the stages from last night’s KSTG Match at the NRA Range. These are videos of me on my second run through the match as I forgot to video my first. My combined score on the second attempt was almost four seconds faster.

First two stages were the Triple Nickel, except obviously hits that count for Triple Nickel ordinarily could still be points down in KSTG so it paid to get all your hits inside the 8″ A-zone. This run was 5.07, and my other was 5.72.

Stage three was at very close range from an obstructed position. As you can see at the beginning of the video, you’re literally inches away from non-threat targets. The closest threat was about five feet away and the other was maybe all of seven feet away. Time here is 2.01 clean.

Stage four had you engage a difficult headshot only target inside an “armored limousine” then shoot the driver and two wide open threats. As you can see (and hear from the laughter of the ROs), I was a little too wide open on the last two targets and wasted what was otherwise a very fast run. Score here was 4.20 clean, at least.

We are diminished
    (continued)

Stage five was our equivalent of a “field course” running the width of the range. You engage the same two targets from Stage 3, except now the range is about 8yd and those non-threats from before obscure the targets. Then two of the five Triple Nickel targets (the ones with blue legs) need two on each while moving. Finally, all four of the targets from Stage 4 need two each including the head shot inside the limousine with a non-threat in front of it. Time here was 12.67 clean (first run was much slower at 15.98 clean).

Thanks as always to all the ROs and the whole KSTG gang.

Nice shooting Todd

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismark420 View Post
    Nice shooting Todd
    Remember, that was my second run through all the stages. Except for #4 with all those misses, I shot everything faster that second time. But thanks!

First, thanks to Todd and everyone for putting the match together.

This was my second time running the RMR in a competition (first was Polite Society this year). It was quite humbling. I blew a depressing number of points, at least some because the optic shoots a LOT different at 3 feet than it does at 7 yards. Flipside is that the hardened target was VERY easy to shoot with the RMR. Anyway, I still had a fun time. I need to remember to try to make more of these events.

Also, it looks like I need to spend a LOT more time with some targets and my red dot gun to truly understand how it shoots.

Finally got my video cobbled together:

"WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

User Tag List