Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Sig Sauer be endurance tested anytime soon?

Will Sig Sauer be endurance tested anytime soon?

Be nice to see how a SIG P226 or P229 compares to HK, S&W, and Glock with the Endurance Test.

I did 9,000 rounds thru a new 2012 226R between Jan and April without a stoppage, malfunction or issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I did 9,000 rounds thru a new 2012 226R between Jan and April without a stoppage, malfunction or issue.
    Yeah, I've heard good things about SIG reliability. But then again I've heard good things about Glock and it didn't hold up as well as I thought it would in the Endurance Test. Be nice to see how SIG comes out at 50K rounds.

Todd has said in the past that he believe that Sigs would easily make it through the 50,000 round endurance test.

Anyways Sig is horrible at marketing themselves outside the traditional shooting press. So I wouldn't bet on it happening ever unless Todd wants to spend his own coin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Todd has said in the past that he believe that Sigs would easily make it through the 50,000 round endurance test.

Anyways Sig is horrible at marketing themselves outside the traditional shooting press. So I wouldn't bet on it happening ever unless Todd wants to spend his own coin on it.
    What qualifies as making it thru 50K? I was surprised to see how well the HK45c did but then see all the stoppages in the P30. I thought the P30 would perform similarly to the HK45c because of the similarity of design. Arent' the two models almost identical except for caliber and the external grip?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gvsmovcd View Post
    What qualifies as making it thru 50K? I was surprised to see how well the HK45c did but then see all the stoppages in the P30. I thought the P30 would perform similarly to the HK45c because of the similarity of design. Arent' the two models almost identical except for caliber and the external grip?
    Todd's .45 test was of an HK45 full size, not HK45c.

Im not Todd nor do I play him on the errornet. That said as I understand it the majority of stoppages the P30 experienced where as a result of either the out of spec spring , which is likely a small sample or batch, and then a couple more at the end of the test after the frame damage had occured. Which was at a very high real world as opposed to interweb round count.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

We are diminished
    Be nice to see how a SIG P226 or P229 compares to HK, S&W, and Glock with the Endurance Test.
    I agree! Someone should tell SIG to call me about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I agree! Someone should tell SIG to call me about that.
    Hell, if all it'll take is two pistols that'd be easy to figure out.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Hell, if all it'll take is two pistols that'd be easy to figure out.
    And 50,000 rounds of ammunition... that's always the tricky part.

User Tag List