Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liberals just don't understand freedom, no matter how it's couched....

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Personal honor is just that....personal. I think it's inappropriate to judge someone else's "personal honor." Reminds me about this bible verse: "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."- New American Standard Version (1995)

If the measure of a person's honor is their ability to be non-hypocritical, then 95% of us fail the test. There is just as much hypocrisy on the right as the left.
    Abortion is wrong, but capital punishment is right;
    Federalism infringes on States Rights, but pass Defense of Marriage anyway;
    Support for the Patriot Act, but complain that the Federal government is infringing on our rights;
    Etc.

On the left:
    Women and minorities should be given preferences, but everything should be equal;
    etc.

Hypocrisy reflects our own subjectivities, beliefs, political positions, etc. Most people think they are doing the right thing even if hypocritical. But ridiculing them will not open them up to taking the log out of their own eye.

CC
    Point taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    It reminds me of the story about the wheelchair bound Lesbian who encountered a conservative at a conference. The Conservative was surprised to learn that the Lesbian was carrying in her wheelchair a Glock 17. She told him that she kept it because of the number of times she had been assaulted due to her outspoken manner.

It takes all kinds. It's not just conservatives who support gun rights anymore. That is why we all need to keep an open mind about Democrats and liberals.

Liberals DO understand and enjoy freedom....they want DIFFERENT personal fredoms, etc. What we fail to see is that the freedom coin has two sides, depending on your POSITIONS each of us take on specific issues. I like to think we are BOTH right...we BOTH want more freedoms and, gosh, that sounds like the makings of making policies where we EACH get something we want.

I am all for personal freedoms...on both sides.
    CC
    Huzzahs. Anyone who claims that understanding is the province of only one group and not possible for another group clearly doesn't understand the concept themselves.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

User Tag List