Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The good stuff? (Scotch)

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Cutty Sark is made from brine and aged in plastic pickle barrels. Or at least, that's how it tastes.

My old Scotch drinking group used Cutty as a punishment. If you spilled good Scotch for any reason, you had to drink an entire bottle of Cutty before you were allowed to partake in the nectar again. Your friends were allowed to assist you in killing that bottle, and that's when you found out who your real friends were.
    I'll admit my booze tastes aren't as refined as the rest of yours' but I will say this: anyone I catch making even mediocre (at best) booze worse by mixing it gets to do the same as above... but with Military Special instead of Cutty.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    I'll admit my booze tastes aren't as refined as the rest of yours' but I will say this: anyone I catch making even mediocre (at best) booze worse by mixing it gets to do the same as above... but with Military Special instead of Cutty.
    Agreed. Mixing is for vodka, cheap tequila and rum, gin, and in certain specialized circumstances, mediocre bourbon. Never Scotch.

It could be worse- a friend of mine snagged a bottle of some nationally produced spirit, and had us check out just how unbeleivably terrible this stuff was. I don't remember if it was "scotch", "bourbon", or what the label said, as it was pretty much just grain alcohol with food colouring and flavor.
    It tasted of failure, the kind that knows it is just kidding itself by buying this instead of the cheapest vodka, and is more depressed because of it.

It was so terrible that you had to take a second sip to confirm just how unbeliveably terrible it was... kind of like the movie "Zardoz".

And the hell of it is that it still cost $30 for the bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Agreed. Mixing is for vodka, cheap tequila and rum, gin, and in certain specialized circumstances, mediocre bourbon. Never Scotch.
    So I guess this isn't the thread to talk about the nice Rob Roy I made the other night with Aberlour 12 Double Cask?

GL 12 is my staple.

But I think the Balvinie 10 and 12 are both great values.

I hold onto some GL 25, dalmore 18, glengoyne, and other top shelf spirits, but those are generally not what I consider daily sippers.

I've never had "bad" Scotch......except Vat 69. Aged 3 years. You'll go blind drinking that kitten.

Doh!
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

If one can't tell the difference between Scotch and colored rubbing alcohol, one has a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    So I guess this isn't the thread to talk about the nice Rob Roy I made the other night with Aberlour 12 Double Cask?
    I'm cringing. Seriously.

But it's a free country, and your property. Still though... *shudder*

please delete, double post.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List