Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The good stuff? (Scotch)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbj22 View Post
    I'm not seeing any Cutty Sark or Dewar's here. Surely, you aren't saying there's better scotch than at CVS Pharmacy.
    If I gotta drink anything from CVS it'll be:

Brut, Robitussin, and maybe the store-brand stuff.

But I absolutely draw hard line at Cutty Sark & Dewars. Yuck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    But I absolutely draw hard line at Cutty Sark & Dewars.
    I thought they were banned by the Hague conventions along with Chivas Regal.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I'm not seeing any Cutty Sark or Dewar's here. Surely, you aren't saying there's better scotch than at CVS Pharmacy.
    My grandfather swore by Grant's. When he passed away a few years ago, my family found three bottles he had stashed UNDER HIS BED. All full, all unopened. All dated probably to at least the 90s, if not older. They left the house in the recycling bin the next morning, while I slept in with the blinds drawn... I thought nothing was worse than a red wine hangover. Oh boy, was I wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I thought they were banned by the Hague conventions along with Chivas Regal.
    I'm not sure. But there's probably some "liquor mfg loophole" that keeps it coming. Besides, didn't that ban only affect new product and not the pre-ban stuff?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    I'm not sure. But there's probably some "liquor mfg loophole" that keeps it coming. Besides, didn't that ban only affect new product and not the pre-ban stuff?

You simply can't use them to target prisoners of war. Only accepted for use on in-laws and casual acquaintances of poor comportment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You simply can't use them to target prisoners of war. Only accepted for use on in-laws and casual acquaintances of poor comportment.
    Awesome! That means I'm still in compliance with the law. Now I'll sleep better tonight.

Aberlour 16 year is 60 bucks at the class six and is much better than 12 year, oh and I'm just waiting for the announcement that obamacare is going to replace tricare as part of budget cuts.
    Hey JConn, just which class six were you talking about because I know it isn't the one at Offutt. The class six here goes straight from Glenfidditch 12 to JW Blue. Went off base an snagged a bottle of Balvenie 15 Year single barrel/single malt.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    Hey JConn, just which class six were you talking about because I know it isn't the one at Offutt. The class six here goes straight from Glenfidditch 12 to JW Blue. Went off base an snagged a bottle of Balvenie 15 Year single barrel/single malt.
    Ft myer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Cutty Sark is made from brine and aged in plastic pickle barrels. Or at least, that's how it tastes.

My old Scotch drinking group used Cutty as a punishment. If you spilled good Scotch for any reason, you had to drink an entire bottle of Cutty before you were allowed to partake in the nectar again. Your friends were allowed to assist you in killing that bottle, and that's when you found out who your real friends were.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Cutty Sark is made from brine and aged in plastic pickle barrels. Or at least, that's how it tastes.

My old Scotch drinking group used Cutty as a punishment. If you spilled good Scotch for any reason, you had to drink an entire bottle of Cutty before you were allowed to partake in the nectar again. Your friends were allowed to assist you in killing that bottle, and that's when you found out who your real friends were.
    That's awesome! LOL

User Tag List