Thread: guitar build

guitar build

here is one of the nicer guitars that has been built in my room.

Nice- what kind of pickups are those?

That cutout shape on a Les Paul looks so cool. Lovely finish, to boot!

they are mightymite pickups that come in our "kit" the kits we get are all rough cut out so we have to do all the sanding, fitting, soldering, fretting, and assembly to complete the guitar.

Very Cool!! My daughter has been getting after me to build a double neck 6/12 with her. I have been looking at the kits out there. Is it a fairly straight forward build?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

check out www.guitarbuilding.org you can but the kits there if you are interested. i know nothing about guitars just a shop teacher who likes science technology engineering and math. Also on that website there is building directions and videos. Pm me and i will give you any info i can.

here is another one

I've got a couple of builds underway (numbers 20 & 21)- a Les Paul type bass for one of the guys here, and a headless for myself. One of the few joys of living in a tropical country is that the scraps and offcuts from common construction timbers tends to be rather nice wood for guitar building.

Thanks for the tip, I do appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by butler coach View Post
    check out www.guitarbuilding.org you can but the kits there if you are interested. i know nothing about guitars just a shop teacher who likes science technology engineering and math. Also on that website there is building directions and videos. Pm me and i will give you any info i can.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

User Tag List