Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Find the gun that feels best in your hand"

Working guns versus crap guns is one thing. For me the issue is more along the lines of "which comparable gun will you want to go out and shoot more?" Not so much Rossi versus S&W, but Glock versus Sig versus Beretta versus S&W. Don't underestimate the power of perception. I use two S&W 60s during my CCW classes. Exactly the same except one has black grips, one has pink. Regularly the guys will say the black grips feel better for them while the gals say the pink grips feel better to them.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Currently I am thinking the big hole in my SD plan is not owning an RPG.
    Destructive Devices are legal in South Dakota. If you want an RPG, pay the $200 tax and go buy one. Then, either pay $200 per grenade, or pay for the FEL license.

Fit vs Feel

Fit is pretty important and can be objectively determined by someone at a gun shop who actually gives a crap. Putting a candidate pistol in someone's hand and positioning it for the buyer in a proper grip then taking a look at the angle of the trigger finger as well as how far the customer will need to shift their grip in order to manipulate controls, etc. can do a lot to help someone choose one handgun over another. I also agree with the notion that the most important thing about buying a first gun is to buy something that they will enjoy shooting and hopefully, shoot often. Because, let's face it, they're going to suck at first and if they suck and the pistol feels like a cheese grater in their hand, they're going to have a harder time "getting into it." Then again, maybe they don't want to "get into it" and just want something to shoot their ex-boyfriend in the face with if he breaks that restraining order... in which case just sell them a Kahr P9 and call it a day

User Tag List