Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Ride

Update?

Today hopefully I pick it up. Had to wait on parts from Deutchland. All rear suspension except for two pieces was replaced....I might dump this car in a year if it doesn't pan out. If it rides good its going to get a APR stage 1 kit and get run into the ground for 5 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Today hopefully I pick it up. Had to wait on parts from Deutchland. All rear suspension except for two pieces was replaced....I might dump this car in a year if it doesn't pan out. If it rides good its going to get a APR stage 1 kit and get run into the ground for 5 years.

Damn.. Stupid minivans
    So that's right at a month in the shop, hope they got the paint done correctly.
    Did you trade up on the rental car or stick with the little white pig we drove back in?

Paint can be refined, I don't trust them, I already have the supplies to get rid of the orange Peel and blend the area's then it's time to recoat after after cure time is over.

Yeah I kept the pig, teaches me to drive faster to avoid unnecessary contact from soccer moms.

Cool. I'm jonseing really bad for a Mark 7 GTI to be released next summer. I'm just scared of maintenance cost once the warranty expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Cool. I'm jonseing really bad for a Mark 7 GTI to be released next summer. I'm just scared of maintenance cost once the warranty expires.
    This really grinds my gears...

What is so damned expensive on a non-Murikahn car? Change the oil, check parts when the manual says to, and replace parts when it is convenient. No different with a new Chevy Cruze, Honda Accord, or VW GTI. Synthetic oil is the standard and you will get a minimum of 10k between changes. If you replace the parts yourself you will find that most of the German cars do not cost any more than others and sometimes less. Cost me the same to put OEM pads and Brembo rotors on the wifes car (used 2013 VW parts) as it did to use the "better" pads for my grandmas 2008 Chevy Impala. The only difference is the parts were not over the minimum runout and the pads lasted more than 10k miles on the VW. All of the other odd shit carries odd shit prices, Chevy or German. If you pay someone else to do it the mark up depends on the dealer, not the country of origin. If you have a dealer that dings you on one they'll do it on the other.

/rant
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Preach on brother!

User Tag List