Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Street robberies and you

Site Supporter
    "I don't have a gun"

Should be stated in a way that, at minimum, implies "mothafu&a" at the end.

I read that as street code for....
    "I have a gun, but I'm smart enough (so I think) to maintain deniability if a cop shows up, but now you KNOW I have a gun 'cause I said the word "gun" out loud", so go waste some brain cycles figuring out THAT mystery, while I buy some time to find some cover, mothafu&a.

And make this face when you say it... It's more about projecting an aura of being crazed and capable of puling the trigger than it is about the words, methinks.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Personally I think this is incredibly bad advice for the average person who has not spent a good bit of time in street culture.
    On a continuum from the Black People Love Us folks to Simon Phoenix, I'm a lot closer to the BPLU end of things, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I've seen this a few times in the past, and appreciate it every time. The one piece of the write-up that I don't get is saying "I don't have a gun" while giving all the cues that you do. Can anybody with more experience weigh in on that?
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I find that to be very bad advice. If anything, I might advise the opposite, claiming and posturing to have a gun when you don't. IMO if you are going to bluff try the bluff that has a greater chance of making the BG go someplace else.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Site Supporter
    To be clear, the original post on AR15.com suggests saying "I don't have a gun" even though you really do. It's supposed to tell the bad guy that you really do have a gun somehow. I assume that's supposed to be like using the secret bad guy handshake, or hobo signs - let's the bad guy know you're the real deal.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    To be clear, the original post on AR15.com suggests saying "I don't have a gun" even though you really do. It's supposed to tell the bad guy that you really do have a gun somehow. I assume that's supposed to be like using the secret bad guy handshake, or hobo signs - let's the bad guy know you're the real deal.
    Pass. I can just see how that would play in court as bystanders say you tried to trick the BGs into thinking you were unarmed right before springing your surreptitious assassination plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Pass. I can just see how that would play in court as bystanders say you tried to trick the BGs into thinking you were unarmed right before springing your surreptitious assassination plan.
    Not to mention, playing street games with street people when you're not one of them is kind of like Snooki showing up at the NBA finals and asking to play one-on-one. You think you're playing their game, while they just know they're about to kitten the kitten out of you.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Not to mention, playing street games with street people when you're not one of them is kind of like Snooki showing up at the NBA finals and asking to play one-on-one. You think you're playing their game, while they just know they're about to kitten the kitten out of you.
    Exactly. I am never going to convince them that I'm part of their criminal subculture. I'd much rather they realize I'm part of the subculture that will kill people from their subculture when threatened.

Exactly. I am never going to convince them that I'm part of their criminal subculture. I'd much rather they realize I'm part of the subculture that will kill people from their subculture when threatened.
    Sig line material here.....

Exactly. There is no way I could pull off these kinds of bluffs so I'm not going to waste time fooling myself and posturing. The only attitude I need to give off in this situation is "if you threaten my safety, I will end your life."

Does anyone know of the guy that wrote it was even a real cop?

User Tag List