Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shot Timer for Dry-fire

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    The timer is to set drill par times. I suppose, if the timer is capable of beeping at set intervals, that you could use it to practice shooting to a cadence.

But 99.99999% of the use for a timer during dryfire is to signal the start and end of par time.
    There are also some shot timer apps for iPhone that can do this, they suck dicks for live fire though.

Shot Timer for Dry-fire

This is an extremely good option for a timer these days:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Lab-Shot-Timer

Set at Sensitivity Level 1, I use mine pretty regularly in Dry Practice to time my actual draw to trigger release time.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-11-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Set at Sensitivity Level 1, I use mine pretty regularly in Dry Practice to time my actual draw to trigger release time.
    Does it pick up the sound of the hammer/striker falling? And if it does, does it get confused by stray sounds?

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll get one and get a phone timer app while I wait, so I can get to work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll get one and get a phone timer app while I wait, so I can get to work now.
    Cool.

I’m extremely happy with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody mess with the RangeTech timer yet?

https://www.rangetechtimer.com/produ...h-android-ios/
    David S.

I've had success with the phone apps, but not my shot timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Does it pick up the sound of the hammer/striker falling? And if it does, does it get confused by stray sounds?
    Apologies for the overlate reply.

Yes, yes the AMG Commander does pick up the sound of the striker falling. To me this is one of the major advantages of the AMG timer over others I have used.

I use one of the five "Preset" programs for my Dry Practice routine, with the sensitivity set to "max". I have set the master option to record times while the Par beeper is going off; this is a programmable setting that Alex showed me how to set up after I asked, since I frequently use Par times close to the best I can do.

So for example, if I set my timer to 1.3s and practice draws with my USPSA rig, not infrequently the Par timer is going off while I am pressing the trigger. Setting the timer this way allows the Commander to record a time for that run. Otherwise, the Par beep would obscure the time from being recorded. This is documented in the owner's manual, at the end, and only accessible through a special key code at power up, but you only have to set it once.

My Dry Practice safe area (our MBR walk-in closet; we live in a small apartment) is pretty quiet. It backs onto an exterior wall/concrete extending to a garage and then to a small wooded area across the parking lot. It's the least worst "safe direction" I have.

Iphone has done wonders for me and the guys I train with snaptube for pc jiofi.local.html

Quote Originally Posted by flisterthree View Post
    Iphone has done wonders for me and the guys I train with snaptube for pc jiofi.local.html
    The picture doesn’t work for me. Is there an iPhone app that records the striker sound? For now I’m using the iPhone for par-timers but with live fire becoming increasingly expensive and difficult I’d like to be able to record dry fire more precisely.

User Tag List