Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 6940

Quote Originally Posted by codisimo View Post
    I went around and around about which semi auto .308 to get, even to the point of soliciting advice here on the forum. I have had a devil of a time getting my scope sighted in, but that is on me. Sighting in the irons, I was getting rounds touching each other at 50 yards and I am no marksman and I was using surplus ammo. I think once I get the scope squared away it will be a tack driving sombitch. Can't wait to get the 6940 and get it squared away, also have to decide what do to with my frankenAR.
    What optic/mount are you using for the 901? I'd sell the franken gun to finance more mags/ammo/optics/lights.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    By far not my first choice, but it came w/the gun & will work for what I need it for.
    Is this the same rear sight as supplied on the 6720? That puppy is decent enough, but holy cow its heavy and ungainly.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Is this the same rear sight as supplied on the 6720? That puppy is decent enough, but holy cow its heavy and ungainly.

Every new 6920 I've gotten recently had a Magpul sight on it. It's the Matech sight. It's definitely kinda big & weird like it was designed by Dr. Seuss or something.

***Edit***

Oh sorry you said 6720. Yeah, they're the same sight.

Every new 6920 I've gotten recently had a Magpul sight on it. It's the Matech sight. It's definitely kinda big & weird like it was designed by Dr. Seuss or something.

***Edit***

Oh sorry you said 6720. Yeah, they're the same sight.
    OK, thanks.

Yeah, its pretty much a monstrosity. I replaced it with a MagPul sight on mine, too.

Site Supporter
    What optic/mount are you using for the 901? I'd sell the franken gun to finance more mags/ammo/optics/lights.
    I mounted a vortex viper pst 1-4x24 in a Burris P.E.P.R. I am not sure I got it mounted properly and could not get it sighted in. I am probably going to move that setup to the 6940 and get a vortex pst 2.5x-10x32 Ffp in a similar mount for the 901.

I bought a 6940 in 2009ish and really like it.

It seems to shoot a bit tighter than the 6920s I've fired (not that the 6920s were inaccurate by any means).

The 6940 seems perfect for me. It feels tight and solid and the monolithic rail is perfect for mounting a light, and a VFG a bit over half way out. I run the gun with 4 fingers on the VFG and my thumb on top of the side rail.

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    I bought a 6940 in 2009ish and really like it.

It seems to shoot a bit tighter than the 6920s I've fired (not that the 6920s were inaccurate by any means).

The 6940 seems perfect for me. It feels tight and solid and the monolithic rail is perfect for mounting a light, and a VFG a bit over half way out. I run the gun with 4 fingers on the VFG and my thumb on top of the side rail.

The last thing I really need is another rifle, but I'm kind of wanting to snag a 6940 upper for one of my spare lowers... Trying to decide between that or a KAC upper....

I'm not entirely sold on the monolithic rail, but I'd really like to see one in person before making the choice.

User Tag List